seeking help....pointless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by noo noo, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noo noo

noo noo Active Member

Tonight is rough, it's 3am can't sleep, self harming and have major suicidal thoughts. Followed advice for a change only to get a massive slap in the face :'( phoned the on call doctors for them to tell me to hang on until monday and go to see my doctor. Was absolutely pointless and has now made me feel worse :'( :'( :'(
  2. MissPandore

MissPandore New Member

hey! Talk to me! You're not alone!
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Getting help is never pointless, you didn't receive the help you asked for :mad:
    Sometimes I just despair of, the so called, mental health services.

Don't let it put you off of continuing to ask, no not ask....DEMAND!
  4. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

You can try the SF chatroom noo noo. There are usually nice people in there who are willing to help. :hug:
  5. Samara

Samara Account Closed

I remember calling one of those numbers as well, that I was told to call, and was sceptical of calling, because I didn't want to be disappointed... lady on the other end goes "HELLOOOO? WHat do you wantttt?"

In this tone, that I still feel was just so nasty. Who answers the phone like that? I already have a difficult time describing what I want to health professionals, especially when so many things are in my head, with many different thoughts and feelings. Needless to say, I have not called back.

I imagine how much courage you had to build up, and how much you thought about it, before even calling. I imagine how you probably talked yourself into it... trying to be as encouraging to yourself to try and find help as you could, only to be met so rudely by them ignoring you. Why even have such a service if they are just going to tell you to hang up and wait?

Honestly...people some times. Wish I could slap them back for you. Someone else recommended the chat feature here. If you really need live or real-time venting, it can be done here in the chat area.... and no one will tell you to come back monday. I'm really sorry that the health care system failed you today.

6. noo noo

noo noo Active Member

Thank you everyone, only just seen your kind messages. Busied myself with cleaning and have only just stopped...12 bottles of bleach later and a house that still does not seem clean. Heads in such a bad place and body feels like it's about to shut down, hurting so much and feel sick
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.