seeking help

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by NoGood, Dec 5, 2009.

?

Have you sought professional help? AND have you told anyone about your issues?

1. Yes, I have looked for professional help

20 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No, i have not looked for professional help

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Yes, I told my family about my issues

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  4. Yes, my 'real life' friends know about my issues

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  5. Noone know about my issues

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Are you seeking help for your issues?

By seeking help i mean, have you approached a doctor, a shrink, counsellor, someone in a medical profession

AND

Have you told close friends or family members about your issues??? Someone from real life??

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I have told my mum, many times over the years. First time I said something I was about 13.
    She has never really done anything to help me - I just figured she didn't know what to do or how to help.
    I think I was about 20 when I first told my Doctor, he put me on medication. I've had a difficult relationship with my Doctor over the years, but lately he has been very supportive and has told me to come back to him about counselling. Which I really think I need right now.

I feel like sometimes telling friends and family can be useless because they don't always know how to help and it can seem like they don't care. Telling professionals is more advisable I think. Although telling friends and family so they at least 'understand' is helpful also. So then they can at least tippy toe around you like mine do. :laugh:

3. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Yes I have looked for professional help.
    Yes my family know.

4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Not anymore.

Therapists and counselors make me very angry.

Want to hurt others instead of myself.

Figure it's best the other way around.

5. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Noone knows!

I havnt looked to a professional, my friends dont know, my family dont know. My mum knows that i get a little down sometimes but i think about suicide every single day.

Its hard! and Scary

6. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Have you ever thought about telling people?

7. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Yes and No and Yes and No.

Ive had 6 mood swings since i woke up this morning. I am getting worse but I dont want help.

8. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

I did. Tried a few times and different people and resources. Nothing worked and nothing will every work, I hate the system and what they try to do. When ultimately they don't understand, they try to label us, that we are irrational, etc. Well actually I've studied psych, I know what they try to do, and I know I am more rational that ever. So meh.

9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I voted yes I am getting professionsl help.. Been in therapy for four years..I see my shrink every three months..I also voted yes that my family knows.. Half of themdon't talk to me and the other half are in denial.. They don't understand I am still suicidal because I don't talk about it anymore..

10. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

went to doctors - waste of time
    people who i thought were friends found it - waste of time

11. breakingApart

breakingApart Account Closed

See DR now and again for various menal health problems. I feel too awkward to talk about how bad things get and tend to understate things. I don't currently want to go on meds and he's made clear thats the only help they have for me

12. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Me mom and me pop had a court order on boo's ass because boo actually tried to tell them how boo feels. So cops and ambulance with swirling lights came and told boo have to go to a hospital. Boo was frighten. Almost peed in boo's pant.

boo wont seek help no more, boo will use subtlety, boo is shadow

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2009
  13. dreaminghome

dreaminghome Well-Known Member

Yes I have looked for professional help but I also gave it up because it cannot do much on some things.
    And nobody in real life knows about my issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.