seeking out attention

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by meme333, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meme333

meme333 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how to say this.
    I haven't done anything but wondering if anyone can relate or would admit to it at all
    I feel so attention starved...well touch starved that sometimes I'll go on dating sites.
    I have yet to follow through on it though.
    Thing is, not sure what I'm doing.
    I'm not looking for a relationship...just to satisfy that touch need...it really doesn't even feel "sexual" if I can say that.
    I've never followed through
    Is something wrong with me?
    I'm embarrassed to admit this but you all seem fair here.

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Meme333! Hey! :hug:

First of all, I want to compliment you on writing an insightful post here. I appreciate your honesty, and I hope many here will agree that wanting to be physically "touched" (not sexually) is something a lot of us desire and doesn't signify anything being wrong with you.

As for me, I often want to be hugged, to be held, and to feel loved. Just one friendly embrace a day can mean so much to me. Admittedly, it's sorely lacking in my life at times. That's why my parents and I bought a furry animal (a toy poodle named Oliver) a few years ago... A living thing to cuddle with, and much more!

Over and out ;),

Alex

3. meme333

meme333 Well-Known Member

ya, I worry one might think what I am seeking out in order to get it is wrong :(

4. SashaJade

SashaJade Well-Known Member

Haii there meme,

I agree with what Alex has said, it's human nature to crave touch and closeness with others, so don't worry about feeling like that.

In response to your last post, everyone goes about finding someone in a different manner, dating websites happen to be your way of choice. There is no harm in visiting dating sites as long as you know how to remain safe on the internet and are aware of any consequences that could arise from doing so.

Hope my reply makes sense and that you are doing okay,

Sam :snake:

5. kizzybaby

kizzybaby Well-Known Member

like the others, i can relate to this. Sometimes, touch isnt about sexuality. Its also a comfort, and can assure us that we are worthy of love. The touch you speak of isnt about sex, its affection you crave maybe x

6. jkeller4000

jkeller4000 Well-Known Member

hm, i must be backwards, I like to touch people, i always feel strange, and boy did people make fun of me for it,

i had this idea that most people think of feet as a non sexual part of the body, so i would be able to ask people i barely know to touch their feet, well some let me, however most thought i was strange,

though there are times where i would like to be touched, but it is far less than the times i want to touch others,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.