Seems odd to be saying "hello"

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Alsadan, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alsadan

Alsadan Member

Mildly amusing that I should be introducing myself, or being welcomed, when it's fairly obvious instead of saying hello... I'd much prefer be saying goodbye. Alas, the mind wanders.

So, unless you haven't gathered by me signing up here and the awkward satirical humor attempts - I'm not really, okay. Whatever "okay" is. I'm alarmingly aware of how few options I have left, and I've always been at peace with the idea of death, so... here I am, the final throw of the dice. I've always lucked out before when the crows have come calling, so lets dance once more.

I'll keep my reasons, feelings and history to a separate discussion though. This was, much like life itself, a light-hearted start gone horribly astray.

Seriously, I'll stop trying to be funny now... Help me.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance, I hope

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Alsadan.
    Welcome to the forums, hopefully there will be no need for good byes and that is hello is enough. Whatever reason has promptued you to join this community, I hope you will be able to overcome what's gone wrong. It's nice to meet you. :hug:

3. shadowheart

shadowheart Well-Known Member

I hope you don't check out just yet.
    I really enjoy the way you write. Do you do it in any form other than strange "hello" posts on suicide forums?

4. Alsadan

Alsadan Member

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Shadow, I occasionally attempt to write something slightly more creative and purposeful. I usually throw in the towel pretty quickly... I seem to loose motivation really quickly with anything I touch. I've been attempting to write a novel for about a year now. I've got 2 chapters done, and I keep resisting the urge to just bin the thing and start again.

So at this rate, by 2033 I'll probably be able to say "yes! I've even written a novel!"

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Whats your current novel subject in? I like reading fantasty or paranormal novels

Welcome aboard.

6. Alsadan

Alsadan Member

It's a fantasy novel, so hopefully you'd find it interesting should I ever finish it. As I said I'm only 2 chapters into the first draft so it's a long way off yet.

Thought I'd throw it up in the Creative Writing section, feel free to check it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2014
  7. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome Alsadan. Glad you found found us, but at the same time I wish you didn't need us. I understand and appreciate your humor. I also use it to try and hide my true feelings. But you will find that this group is very supportive and non-judgmental. We offer no magical cures. But we will listen and offer suggestions when we have them.

8. Sula B

Sula B New Member

Hey, I like your sense of humour. Especially given the forum focus. I'm new too . Haven't got the energy to be humorous right now but you never know, with someone funny to talk to I might come out of myself a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.