Seems so easy...right?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sadangel, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadangel

sadangel Active Member

It seems so easy just stop being depressed, think happy thoughts. Its not though it seems like a falsity. I WANT to be happy but I just seem depressed all the time. I don't want to die, I just want the pain to stop. Isbt that what we all want and end to the endless suffering. Its so hard to suffer and not be able to pinpont the exact cause or even if there is one. I know that I have a chemical imbalance and I know that some days will be worse than others. I also know that I have certain triggers. However there are times where there doesn't seem to be a trigger. I am just sad for no reason that I can see. I am so tired if not being able to fix what's wrong with me. I take medicine I talk to my therapist but it doesn't help. I want the pain to stop that's it plain and simple.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Maybe it seems easy to some, but it isn't. I guess those people think it's like a switch that can be turned off, but it doesn't work that way, and I think that's hard for some to understand... especially, for the most part anyway, people that have never dealt with it first-hand.

3. darkdays

darkdays Active Member

I am so sick and tired of well meaning people telling me to smile, as though flexing a few muscles in my face is going to alter the chemical imbalance in my brain.Then there are the mindless idiots who think that because they got sad one time in their life, and got over it two days later, that gives them the right to give you the old 'pull yourself up by your bootstraps and for god's sake suck it up and act like an adult' pep talk. Sorry about the rant but those kinds of people make me grind my teeth. Anyway, sadangel, sorry your depressed. Having spent most of my life depressed and much of that time for no good reason, I know how miserable it can be. Are you also seeing a psychiatrist? Sometimes our bodies adjust to the medicine that we are on and it becomes ineffective. It may be time for a change in meds.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

understand you hun don't listen to those ignorant people ok You talk to your doctor maybe try something different or up the meds your on or have an add on but talk to your doctor for sure hun NO no one can just snap out of it i wish i could hugs

5. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Often it's a lack of understanding that causes the miscommunication.

Not everyone is going to know every detail of why you feel the way you do - you may not tell them and they might only base what they say on what they actively know/perceive.

For some - it's easier to smile, for others, its not. One thing i'll suggest - never change from who you are - unless YOU want to.

And Moodswing - that is interesting. The next person that tells you to smile - you don't need to listen to.. that's easier than lashing out with violence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.