self absorbed

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by wasoncewas, Mar 10, 2010.

1. wasoncewas

wasoncewas Active Member

Title says it all. The more days that pass I grow colder to the needs and feelings of others. I know it's not the real me but god I can't stand me anymore; with where I'm at, where I'm going to be and could have anything... you know. What I'm really trying to say is I've been running from myself for to long and gotten nowhere important. Some of you here know of me as being a bit' unrash' I don't know what's wrong with me... lol maybe nothing is, who knows. Times just aren't what they use to be and I'm 22 and can notice it. I'm getting to the point I hate absolutly EVERYTHING. I just miss my mom... lol for real I've tried to do anything I can think of to be happy, but I'm only fooling myself. What now *reaching out*
  2. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I think I know what you mean, I am 23 and all things considered should be in a good place in my life, but I find myself filled with hate and contempt for all thoese around me, and once upon a time I use to be very compasionate. For years I have had trouble accepting myself and am only now starting to find new passions and undiscovered aspects of my personality. My parents think it is maturity, my therpist thinks I am shuting myself off to the outside world, I just think it is doubt about my future. I can't really say much about what to do about it because I am still trying to figure it out myself, my only sugestion would be to for lack of a better term "roll with it", see where it takes you. Sometimes something inside you just changes and you stop taking enjoyment from things in the past that you use to love but you find new things. Besides at the end of the day there is nothing wrong with being a little selfish, if only for a moment, sometimes its even a little healthy.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

we all go down that path of being self absorbed. Of pushing others away not caring but sometimes self loathing is needed to heal. It is important to keep reaching out for help for support and your true friends will understand and be there for you. You are just a babe 22 of course you will miss your mom especially when you are having such a hard time hell im so old but when i am down i still call my mother for support. Try to find out what truly makes you happy what path it is that will bring you enjoyment and go for it okay You can do it it will take time but worth it in the end. take care try not to stay in self absorbtion to long okay try getting out amongst people with same interest as you. Have some fun while you are still young
  4. wasoncewas

wasoncewas Active Member

No. Yes I'm young, but I'm exhuasted... and I have no friends. I can talk and communicate quite well in person but I choose not to. This world is revolving more towards connecting with everyones egos and I pity it, pity them, and blame myself for living for what I'm so against.. It's hard to really describe what I belive all I can say is that this world prolly' is going to end in 2012 and cannot wait... lol I was going to blow my brains out when I traded my gun for a 9mm, but thought back to what my mother said. "Don't ever hurt yourself zach cuss' I'll hurt too" so I just can't you see... and what if there is a god... I'll even let him down.