self castration

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by DrowningInTears, Dec 8, 2008.

1. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

I wish i could be free of having any gender or sexuality. This is something hard to get doctors to agree to do. Negative effects of castration can be loss of metabolism, weight gain, loss of strength, loss of bone density. Of course you will benefit from extremely diminished or completely eliminated sexual urges, and reduced stress and feelings of calmness and serenity. Can also prevent prostate cancer.

It's scary though and would take allot of courage to castrate myself. Risk of bleeding is my main concern. Anyone have advice? Note that this is not self harm it's an operation to improve one's self and solve serious mental and emotional trauma.
  2. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I would strongly recommend that you don't try this! The risk of botching it is far too great, either from blood loss or overall mutilation.

This is something you seriously need to discuss with a physician.
  3. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I'm not sure a physician would agree to this unless there is something seriously wrong medically that could spread and cause harm or something.

And jesus do NOT try it yourself! I'm not sure you can make the pros outweight the cons here :unsure: and for the reasons you have listed, there are other ways to do pretty much any of them so I reckon self castration is a little extreme!
  4. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

as someone who is essentially castrated thanks to a problem that has caused a low testosterone, I promise you it is not fun, it sucks, id give anything to go back to how I was before this

I miss my non stop sex drive, I miss my feeling like a man

And the side effects are true, I always maintained a weight around 130-135, now all I do is eat, I imagine I am well over 140 at this point, and I predict I will hit the 200 marker in the next year or so

and there are doctors who do the operation, why someone would want to feel like this I dont know but some people have it done for whatever reason
  5. DrowningInTears

Sorry for your suffering WML, hope i am not making you more depressed. Main problem is feeling desire for female companionship emotional, and sexual. Love frustrations and being permanently alone are like having to sit at a fabulous feast but cant take one bite. I just want the feelings gone. Somebody PMed about a medicine to suppress testosterone the trick would be to get it discreetly without family's knowledge. I really like to eat I might not like being prone to weight gain. Other thing I worry about is that emotions won't stop, only the sexual urges. I just want the feelings to stop. Feelings that can't be satisfied.
  6. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Paxil is supposidly a real killer in peoples sexual drive. Just go to your GP and say your feeling low and have heard good things about paxil.
  7. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

I don't think castration would make you free of gender.

Even if you remove a physical body part, doesn't mean you weren't born a certain gender, and continue to be that gender.

Cause gender isn't just about physical, it's about your brain too.
  8. messedupmarionette

messedupmarionette Active Member

So you're worried about your family finding out about medication that, in essence, chemically castrates you but not finding out about you performing major surgery on yourself? That part of the anatomy is too close to major arteries, and the blood flow is really strong and fast there... self-castration is the kind of thing that could kill you in a few minutes. If you're really that desperate for a change, try chemical castration first. There is also the possibility that your feelings about it will change, or that castration won't help at all (or make it worse)... you shouldn't just make such a dramatic, life-changing decision without trying EVERYTHING else first.
  9. wunderwood

wunderwood Well-Known Member

you wouldn't survive doing it to yourself. if you seriously want something like this, look into docs that do transgender surgery. They would be the most aware of reasonable option.
  10. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

I don't think castration would do much about your feelings toward women. It might remove your sexual urges but it isn't going to do anything about a desire for companionship. Working on improving your dating life is a lot easier and a lot less painful.
  11. Atheist Demon

Atheist Demon Account Closed

I understand you pain, sometimes I wish I can be castrated, I hate how society tells us that sex is the ONLY great thing. And at times I hate how it is the only natural way to have kids.
  12. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

sounds like a friggin advert for some new allergy med. I think I'd pass
    iffin I were you. know what I mean?
  13. Flavio

Flavio Member

Yes, life would be much easier and simple, but castration is not the solution. Believe me, I'm going through a similar situation and I know how you feel. Don't do anything you might regret later.
  14. weltunter

weltunter Member

Oh yes, it is indeed. It did not help my depression, though, so I stopped taking it.
    But to be free of the urges was the only good thing, aside from maybe the weird dreams Paxil gave me.
  15. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I went on Paxil originally for an overactive sex drive and for anxiety.
    Seroquel also does an ok job, but it's not generally for that.
  16. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

you can take anti androgens but your problem is emotional and that is what yo uneed to get sorted. can you not get some therapy? if that is you in your pic i really don't see why you think you are so ugly.. you are not at all...
    i think dit your biggest prob with getting a gf is your lack of confidence cos it is certainly NOT ugliness at all
  17. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You probably wouldn't survive hun :hug:

Brandon, I'm always here for you :)
  18. DrowningInTears

soliloquise, all my hair is fell out is why im ugly. and reki, its not a matter of improving my dating life, i dont even have one and never have
  19. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You aren't ugly :hug: You're beautiful from the inside and out!!
  20. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

Seroquel seemed to increase mine, for some reason? Maybe b/c it relaxed me? I dunno.