Self-destruction taking its toll

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by twc, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twc

twc Well-Known Member

I'm really suffering under the weight of what I've done to myself. A lot of isolation has turned me into a stunted, twisted version of the person I used to be. I'm grasping at straws.

Bad times.

2. twc

twc Well-Known Member

I wonder if it is my destiny to end my life in a certain way. I'm not sure. I used to think this suffering had some profound and mysterious meaning. I'm not so sure about that either. Now I think some people live their lives as giant mistakes as a warning to everyone else.

3. twc

twc Well-Known Member

This is not the life I wanted to live. This is not the life I thought I would live. This is not a life I even could have imagined. Denial is a funny thing. It can keep you going despite all circumstances. It can also be a prison.

4. ateg

ateg Member

I can relate, I actually just broke the news to one of my family members, and although they did not realize how bad I was, they saw that I was basically shuting the door on the entire world. I have started trying to take steps to make things better. I am trying to take better care of myself, connect a little more with family, still working up to getting out of the house more than a day every week or two except for work. I am also going to try and get some professional help soon. You might want to try some of these things and see how they work for you.

5. twc

twc Well-Known Member

Thanks, I appreciate the comment. I have been through a few cycles of this already...a few decades is more like it. I haven't talked to some of my friends for 15 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.