self destructive mindset

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GA_lost, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

For some reason I am in a self destructive mindset. I am thinking of specific ways of suicide, which is rare for me anymore. I know that some of this feeling could be lessened through SI, but I am trying to avoid that now. This was set off when I realized how much some people in my family will subtlety tear me down. I have lived with it and have accepted it as being true throughout my life. Once I began to see this better my self destructive urge kicked off. Sometimes seeing things more clearly can be dangerous.

2. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

i can see what you mean to an extent but i was wondering why you say what you do about seeing things more clearly. has this triggered you now somehow?

3. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

My realizing the extent of the put downs and my acceptance (ie thinking I am what they say I am) has triggered me. When I did not see it clearly, I could just accept it. Now I am angry with myself for accepting it for so long, and it is also grist for my putting myself down.

4. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Now you see it, you can change? Or maybe I understood bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.