Self Diagnosing

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaos General, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

In this day and age this seems to be all the rage with the aid of the internet but its just really wrong. Most of us who have been diagnosed with something didnt go upto the doctor and tell them how to do their jobs and tell them whats wrong with us. We got pushed from doctor to doctor to psychiatrist to hospital and back again and then more often than not we got misdiagnosed. Why? Because the doctor thought we was lying, like so many before, just so they could get a label because they think its cool to have something wrong, its cool to be weird.

Personally im sick of seeing it. I cant stand being the way i am. Its not cool and its not fun, i get stigmatised by the rest of society because they think im crazy. If you think their is something wrong with you then fine goto a doctor. Dont tell them whats wrong with you or dont insist their is something wrong with you because your taking the piss out of the rest of us and making us look like we are all lying. If you tell a doctor whats wrong with you all your gonna get in response is raised eyebrows and a polite fuck off out of my surgery
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

My experiences were slightly different as I was misdiagnosed for at least 5 years which may have led to my complete deterioration...with the disease I have, the earlier the intervention, the more likely the five years lost and I may never recover because of it...I am angry and hurt too...J
  3. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

This is my point, its hard enough as it is without people making it even more difficult. Just let the professionals do their jobs because believe it or not they know a lot more than a lay man. But yeah sadly they do get it wrong