Self esteem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always had self esteem issues, and specifically with my nose. In hs i'd get made fun of some for it, and with an ex bf as well. I know it shouldn't get to me, but it really does and it hurts. I was thinking of getting a 'nose job' and would like your opinion as to if I should go through with it or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well thanks, that makes me feel good :)

not that I want to argue with you or anything lol but heres another one incase you missed it

flyingdutchmen

Uhm, which one are you if you dont mind me asking ? Not that it matters both look great but do i see in all 3 pics the same 2 girls ?

To be honost, i see nothing which in my opinion would perhaps need any correction.

one last thing, please be carefull with posting images of yourself and especially from others. It just takes one right-click and they might end up being used on a website which you might not like. I know people tend to do this alot on facebook but remember you are on a suicideforum here and someone might recognize you and give you a hard time

Work on yourselfsteem girl, i know it isnt easy as im kinda battling with the same. Serious, both girls look great.

ExtraSoap

Honestly, I see absolutely nothing that needs correction. you look REALLY good. I'm being completely honest, a girl with your looks is the last person I would expect to have self esteem issues (and no, I'm not just saying that).

Nyu

Both girls in the photos are beautiful. And honestly, fake noses look weird to me... In high school people will get picked on for the littlest imperfections just because people need something to pick on people for due to their own insecurities.
But yeah, you both look great so just try to work on your self esteem.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, not that I 100% agree but I appreciate it regardless.

flyingdutch - Yes its me and my friend in all pics and i'm the brunette. I know what you're saying, but if someone recognized me IRL and gave me shit for being on this site I would honestly laugh at them and feel bad for them for being such a pathetic person. So i'm honestly not too worried about it.

lachrymose27

You think your self esteem issues will ever go away? Can you accept the way you look? If not, you should definitely go through with the procedure. You will be happier in the long run...

I've always had self esteem issues, and specifically with my nose. In hs i'd get made fun of some for it, and with an ex bf as well. I know it shouldn't get to me, but it really does and it hurts. I was thinking of getting a 'nose job' and would like your opinion as to if I should go through with it or not.

Avarice

I have issues with my nose as well. I didn't see your photos, but I kinda get where you're coming from. In an ideal world I'd get a nose job and make it look less long and crooked and weird, but other people don't notice any of the stuff wrong with it that I do, so idk.

jimk

Staff Alumni
Wolf Haley, the picture was edited so can't give you an opinion now.. got a doc, shrink , therapist or just a close friend that you can talk to about this nose job??? yes or no..

this would be a huge step and could really have some consequences so step carefully with it.. take care, Jim

M

MrVale

Seriously? We have people talking about committing suicide...because of lack of a nose job?...Well let me help you; in my experience knowing there are other worse off or more mentally unbalanced puts you in perspective.

Do you resent having people that know you exist?
Do you feel any hobbies you have are just distractions from offing yourself?
Do you feel that you are undeserving of an ego or any sense of worth because of a lack of fulfillment in your life?
Do you find comfort in alcohol or drug use because you find often lashing out violently at others is better than analyzing your own life?

Then you are better off then others...

Now I'm not trying to say that self established physical imperfections is not to be considered part of a self esteem issue, but it's not a base point to establish suicide. Think of things in the long wrong. "He/She would have lived such a full life if their nose was the right size" is not something you want to be associated with your tombstone.

A_pixie

The problem with plastic surgery is once you "fix" something by having an operation, you will soon want to have other surgery on parts of your body whether you "need" it or not. It becomes like taking medication and can be addictive.

There was one girl addicted to plastic surgery who eventually was running out of things to alter, so she decided to have an operation to get her toes more even (honestly, I'll send you the link of you want). Plastic surgery is not the answer to your self esteem issues, it's like drinking to forget your problems, it's a VERY temporary release.

BK_Jetsfan

Seriously? We have people talking about committing suicide...because of lack of a nose job?...Well let me help you; in my experience knowing there are other worse off or more mentally unbalanced puts you in perspective.

Do you resent having people that know you exist?
Do you feel any hobbies you have are just distractions from offing yourself?
Do you feel that you are undeserving of an ego or any sense of worth because of a lack of fulfillment in your life?
Do you find comfort in alcohol or drug use because you find often lashing out violently at others is better than analyzing your own life?

Then you are better off then others...

Now I'm not trying to say that self established physical imperfections is not to be considered part of a self esteem issue, but it's not a base point to establish suicide. Think of things in the long wrong. "He/She would have lived such a full life if their nose was the right size" is not something you want to be associated with your tombstone.
Until you feel that you're so ugly that no one will ever get a chance to know you, or you feel that your ugly exterior is a reflection of your ugly interior, thus rendering you completely unlovable. Self esteem issues are probably at the base of why so many of us want to die in the first fucking place.

According to what the others have said I don't doubt you're a good looking girl. It's possibly you were being teased because they were jealous of you. With your boyfriend he wouldn't have been with you if he didn't find you attractive.

Sometimes a bit of teasing can be almost like flirting, however if you have some self esteem issues and are self conscious then it can just make things worse in that aspect.

Some people can really lack empathy it's pretty nasty. I was in the hospital living a waking nightmare and I have a couple skin conditions one which actually feels quite irritating at times and they don't look pleasant and I heard this heartless girl mumble under her breath something about my face. She wasn't seriously ill either and seemed fairly normal. I'm pretty sure she said "what's wrong with your face" or something along those lines... I also have issues with my nose too. I know it's not just my perception though it really isn't a good looking nose.

It's best to stick with what you've got, a nose job can go wrong it could end up worse then how it was to begin with.

Look at women like Heidi Montag she was gorgeous before getting 'the works' done and she is still very attractive but has that fake look to her.

Some people have a low self esteem when they are in fact quite attractive some people on the other hand have a low self esteem because they aren't attractive. Either way certainly isn't easy but I'd much rather be the former than the latter. There are so many factors when it come to self esteem it doesn't all come down to looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00