self harm stuf *may trigger*

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by justmeonlyme, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

hay so im not really sure about posting this but im going to.
    ok the first thing i want to say is that i am NOT pro self harm!
    ok so there are to two things 1st thing:
    ok so ive been thinking for awhille why is it that some people turn to self harm and others dont? like why do some of us turn up to hurting ourselfves i dont understand like some i no start because they have hurd it makes you feel beter but then there are still some who havent urd of it but still doing it i no when i started i didnt no that there where others i just dont understand why some people start and others dont.
    now what i say next this i just want everyone to no i am in no way pro self harm!
    ok so ive been thinking about this why do we have to stop self harming this is our way to cope so why do we have to stop its like someone having a drink or smoking why do we have to stop he makes us feel beter for me self harm is what is keeping me here so why do i have to stop it makes me feel beter so why do i have to stop. ok so i am trying to stop but alot of this is because there are people saying i have to. so i just i dont no i dont really no its just a couple of things ive been thinking about.

would love some feed back

ok and once more i am NOT pro self harm

2. chloe21

chloe21 Well-Known Member

you are right self harm is a means of coping so are drugs and alcohol but for self harm with me its to deal with internal pain as nobody not even i can see it or feel it or touch it but to self harm is to see, feel and touch as it's marks and scares and real pain not something that is inside of us all and there are plenty of reasons why people self harm but that is why i do it and i guess the more i talk and the more i get other coping ideas the less the self harm will become
    have faith

3. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

i agree with you, why do we have to stop, it is our way of coping, maybe stopping us form trying suicide, for me i feel i have to stop to please the people around me, im not ready to but im being forced into stopping, im not proud of doing it, i almost feel ashamed of doing it and all becasue of the people around me who are supposed to care have made me feel this way, why are things never simple ?? :unsure:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.