Self Harm

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by alyssaswoon, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alyssaswoon

alyssaswoon Well-Known Member

Most people know about others cutting to feel the pain, etc. but when that becomes not good enough anymore, then what do you do?
    Or if someone who is close to you just found out you cut so they look everything sharp from you, then what?
    I've been through it all and I'm still totally addicted to self harm. Whether it's cutting, biting, punching myself, pulling my hair, things like that. It's a lot less noticeably "self harm" looking. A bruise here and there, no one will suspect a thing, I'm a master of hurting myself and getting away with it. I'm not sure if that's something I should be proud of or not, hahah.

<mod edit - asking for methods or self harm>

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
  2. Samara

Samara Account Closed

Re: What Self Harm Methods Do You Use?

Alyssaswoon, unfortunately (and fortunately), methods of self harm/self injuring are not allowed to be listed on here, just as methods for suicide are not allowed either. The reason being, is that when people share their stories, other members might get ideas, and try and use the methods on themselves; and it only further encourages something that harms.

This site, is actually pro life, and pro health... so it does not encourage harm to any member here.

That being said, listing said methods may also trigger people who maybe are trying to stop harming or who maybe attempted in the past... to hear about it or read it again, and they may get flashbacks, or may feel bad see/hearing it again.

That, however, does not mean that you cannot discuss self harm at all... on a broader spectrum, you can discuss, for example... healing wounds, or trying to stop harming, or distractions from it, or triggers that may cause it, or you can even say that you feel like self harming... as long as you don't get specific about methods you are fine.

P.S. The hello Kitty mouse cursor on your tumblr is cool!

3. alyssaswoon

alyssaswoon Well-Known Member

I completely understand (and agree) why, I've been on other forums before with no rules as to the content of the posts and have had it trigger me.

And thanks! Tumblr is the top site I use to distract my mind, that's for sure.

4. Lifeisagift

Lifeisagift Well-Known Member

Dear Alyssawoon
    I understand your addiction to self harm. After i broke up with my first love i kind of needed it. It was my wayout, i was so much suffering that... it was like an equation that should be balanced between heart pain and physical pain. But i was never satisfied and i was like "whatever dude, you're a wreck" until i've seen that my pessimism was contagious, i had that friend that trusted me blindly and i had an endless respect for her, and on day i realised that all she wanted was me to be ok, and instead of that, everytime i was harming i was hurting her. I stopped everything : pills, weed and cuttings and step by step i had other addictions... Like tea, chocolate and nice stuff like that. And actually when i feel the need to release blood i found out the best wayout ever : i registered to the blood donations two years ago.
    It makes me breathe and saves lifes. It was my 19th donation last monday.
    Hoping you'll find something useful in my post and that you'll pardon my bad english.

5. estrellaloca428

estrellaloca428 New Member

I totally understand your addiction to self-harm. It's like all the emotional pain I feel congregates in the place I harm myself, and then when that goes away, it all goes away for a little while. It just gets a little easier to breathe. Unfortunately, it doesn't go away for that long. After a while you'll just be exhausted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.