Self Harm

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by RyanKey=MyLife, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanKey=MyLife

RyanKey=MyLife Well-Known Member

I first started when I was 8, I don't remember why, all I remember was being in my room, sitting on my knees and thumping my self.
    After a while I started using scissors or nails to scrape myself, arms, legs, and face:sad:
    I never cut myself deeply which is good :smile: But just enough to make it bleed and go numb.
    I stopped self harming for a few months :smile: but have started again recently, I keep getting really annoyed/peed off and taking it out on myself, I thump myself until it goes numb and feels better in my head, the numbness only lasts for about 30 seconds, but leaves behind a bruise. I've realised I'm addicted to the numbing:mellow:

Does anyone know what else I should do instead of hurting myself, that will be like numbness? I only know about ones for people that actually cut:sad:
  2. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

Well, I'd say take some opiates, but that would just make everything worse. I suppose your best bet is to fix the root cause or find a way to live with what you feel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.