self harmer

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by magz74, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magz74

magz74 Well-Known Member

i am a mother ov 3 and i am ashamed they r goin to find out i hurt myself
  2. netsirk

netsirk Active Member

Wow I understand where you are coming from. I have 2 kids and I am always afraid of them "finding" out my secret. My kids are young yet but my one is getting older and notices more and more scars on my arms. I don't have any advice for you at this time, just that I understand your fear.

If you ever need to talk you can pm me any time.
  3. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

How old are they hun?

And I am sorry to hear that you SH, but it's just a maybe not so good way of coping. If they do find out, try and explain to them ( I know it's not easy)

Take care hun :hug:
  4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hi magz. I'm a single mom of 4 (16, 14, 12 & 2 1/2) I used to try so hard to hide the scars and made up all kinds of lies about the fresh cuts. But my kids are now older and I can't bring myself to belittle their intelligence with the games any more. I have come out and told them the truth. They are ok with it. They already know all about my mental health issues and because of past suicide attempts they are well aware of that too. I have always tried to be as honest as possible with my kids. And I know that if they ever find themselves in the same place they WILL talk to me about it. Lying and hiding the truth is so wrong. It makes your children feel that you can't trust them to understand and in return they will do the same things to you. It isn't easy to do but it sure pays off for me and my children. PM me if you want to talk about this.
  5. magz74

magz74 Well-Known Member

thank u for u post i would like to chat to sum1 .i feel that i live in a second secret world that no1 undastands,since been here i realise im not the only one
  6. magz74

magz74 Well-Known Member

thank u for the post,yes i would like to chat.i feel that i have this secret little world that no one undastands
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.