Self harmin too much

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by MagicFerret, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagicFerret

MagicFerret Active Member

Hi , Can anyone give me some advice, I am suicidal and just dont want to be here but my main problem is i cant stop self harming, in the last three days i now have both arms covered in cuts, all over i have never been this bad, i am plannng on cutting my wrists tommorow but i know a big side of me doesnt want to do this. i dont know what to do. i wish i was in a hospital so someone can control my access to my blades etc. Last time i went they told me to go home and cope with the feelings. I am a risk to myself just now and i now i am close to cuting both my wrists.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

call the crisis lines okay they will get you the help you need or go back to hospital and tell them you are not able to cope with your emotions that is w hy you are there and you will not leave you want to be hospitalized and put on meds to help you stop take an advocate with you okay it is better to have someone there to support what you say hugs

3. MagicFerret

Thanks for the tips, i will maybe do that, although i feel very anxious about leaving the house, maybe i can call them like you advise

4. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

call crisis like previous poster said, they are there to talk to you

also post here post your feelings, a lot of people on here can relate and can tell you what has helped them in the past.

i hope something helps you and you feel better and resist and fight these feelings.

5. MagicFerret

i just want them to listen too me , i am too afraid to say admit me. but i know i need to be somewhere where i have someone to talk and help . i feel like i am attention seeking but i am not really i am just fed up, i dont know how much longer i will last at this rate. I am so weak if they say go home i know i will just say ok then go home and cut myself badly like last time :( sorry to sound so down i need someone to talk to tat understands me i am all alone

6. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

if they say go home stand your ground! say no admit me.

when i was in the hospital someone was admitted and they tried to turn them away and they said something along the lines of "if you dont admit me i will be back with a syringe in my arm will you admit me then?" (sorry if thats too much...im not sure if that counts as methods or not....kinda on the fence so sorry i am sorry) so if they dont admit you stand your ground if you are serious and tell them you want to be admitted they will admit you. you just have to be honest.

i hope you feel better i really do and i hope that you find all the help you need

7. MagicFerret

thanks for the advice, i am going to go along and see what they say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.