Self Harming with pills? Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Blackout, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackout

Blackout New Member

Hey there, i'm new and i was wondering if deliberately taking medication can be considered as self harming?

I have a thing with pills. Everday ingest a ridiculous amount of pills, sometimes i take them for the sake of it. I especially take loads of pills if i am having a suicidal episode.

I have big thing with <mod edit:resistance methods>, used to take 3 every night but that now has increased to 9 a night. I go through 225 capulets like it's water, i usually go through a box in a month. When i am upset i will drink a small bottle spirit/brandy, take some of my <mod edit: resistance - methods> and mix <mod edit: methods> 10 pills with it.

I know its damaging my liver and but a big part of me doesn't care, sometimes the possiblity of dying isn't so bad. Sometimes i feel that constantly taking these pills will help me in the long run, as i'm too much of wimp to slit my throat and the pills will help finish me off

Can this be considered self harming? and does anyone else have a similar problem?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2009
  2. annie-crafts

annie-crafts Well-Known Member

I think it is possible to self harm with pills. I used to take alot of "extra" meds when I wanted to just "sleep" then I'd be pissed when I woke up. I can't take the risk of taking extra pills now or I won't stop. stay safe.
  3. annie-crafts

annie-crafts Well-Known Member

You could also have some sort of addiction depending on the pills you are taking and what you are drinking. i think they call it self-medicating.
  4. jam1e

jam1e Guest

All self induced overdoses are a form of self harm. You can get off your tits sometimes though, which i like.:rofl:

However, it can lead to serious health problems and even death so be careful of what you wish for!:stretcher:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.