Self-Injury Awareness Day (SIAD)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by scarlettdrknss, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scarlettdrknss

scarlettdrknss Well-Known Member

Ever heard of it? It's on March 1st and an orange ribbon is used as a symbol. I know it's still a month till then but I was wondering if is going to be anything happening on that day around you? Or is anyone going to do anything? I don't think there's anything here in Germany, nonetheless I was thinking of getting myself an orange band to wear (not just for the day but for the future) and going to school without covering my scars. I don't have that bad scars but I'm still already very nervous about it.
    (And I have decided to try and stop cutting, which is making me nervous as well, because I don't really want to stop... but i'm going to try nonetheless...)

So, thoughts? :)

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I knew there was a self-injury awareness day, but I forgot what day it was on, thanks for posting this reminder :) I don't know what will be happening here, but I'll probably wear something orange, if I can't find an orange ribbon to wear. I think it's good there is a day for this, because most people I've encountered don't seem to understand much about self-injury.

That's good that you are going to stop cutting, I wish you the best of luck with that. I've already promised to do the same thing, so let's hope that things will work out for the best for us :)

3. scarlettdrknss

No problem, I just wanted to spread the word since cutting has been an important part of my life. I was also thinking of spreading the word around school but I'm not sure if I should do that since all everyone ever does regarding cutting/depression/auicide is make fun of it and say that those people are stupid...

Thanks :) Best of luck to you too. We'll fight through this!

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Yeah, it's unfortunate people act like that...but you might be able to help people who are going through the same thing :) So don't feel ashamed about spreading the word about self-injury because of how some people will act. Those people who make fun of it are wrong and will probably never understand.

5. scarlettdrknss

yeah, i guess you're right... thx for tje encouragement :)

6. scarlettdrknss

i got a necklace today, which is perfect for this matter.
    front: [​IMG]
    back: [​IMG]
    i'm going to wear it from now on and hope it'll help me.

and my mother bought some butterfly necklace for herself and my sister too :3

7. scarlettdrknss

It's tomorrow, wear orange and wish me luck!

8. Witty_Sarcasm

Good luck! I have to remind myself to wear orange too :)

9. scarlettdrknss

i think it did me good to do this... no one else cared though. not even my friends who i had told about the day had any kind of orange on. they all just made fun of the butterflies because i usually wear shirts with skulls and dangerous animals and i had a shiny butterfly necklace on today and butterflies on my arm

10. Witty_Sarcasm

Well I'm sorry to hear that people acted that way, but I'm glad that it helped you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.