Self-Isolation getting bad

Hiya, folks. So, as the title of this thread states, my self isolation is just getting bad. Like, to a point where I may as well not exist anymore.
I haven't left my room or answered my phone in days, though I am still eating properly, which is one little victory. I just...don't know what to do now. It's hard to describe, but I some how feel both better and worse when I'm alone. I miss my friends but don't have the strength to leave my room and see them. This is probably really rambly but yeah...just venting, I guess.
I feel bad, because I'm sure they're worried- I'm not alone, at all really. In fact, I'm a lucky guy, having friends who care as much as they do. It's just...it's easier for me stay inside, keep to myself.
Hope this makes some level of sense.

Sorry that you're going through this Yamibrandon.
Like, to a point where I may as well not exist anymore
Being isolated doesn't mean that you shouldn't exist. A lot of people feel terrible around this time of year, so in principle things might be a little better after the winter is over.
I miss my friends but don't have the strength to leave my room and see them
I feel bad, because I'm sure they're worried
It might help if you sent them an email/text just saying that you miss them and you care about them, but that you need some time alone for now.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I do get it sometimes going out and seeing or facing people seems like too much at the moment. As hard as it sometimes it does help to stay in some contact, even if it's just a text saying "hey, I'm alright I just don't feel up to talking right now". Isolation is a hard thing, and I think in many ways a lot of us are feeling extra isolated these days. It's easier than ever to hole up in your world and forget there is anything outside that door. We still exist, even if at times it doesn't feel that way.

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
Hiya, folks. So, as the title of this thread states, my self isolation is just getting bad. Like, to a point where I may as well not exist anymore.
I haven't left my room or answered my phone in days, though I am still eating properly, which is one little victory. I just...don't know what to do now. It's hard to describe, but I some how feel both better and worse when I'm alone. I miss my friends but don't have the strength to leave my room and see them. This is probably really rambly but yeah...just venting, I guess.
I feel bad, because I'm sure they're worried- I'm not alone, at all really. In fact, I'm a lucky guy, having friends who care as much as they do. It's just...it's easier for me stay inside, keep to myself.
Hope this makes some level of sense.
Isolation has never been an easy thing to do but you are able to eat properly. That is something worth for celebration.
Perhaps, a random text for a random friend is good way to start contacting again, like "Hey" or something funny.
Hang in there. You are strong and you will be fine.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00