self preservation....from someone who wants to die?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by subt, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subt

subt Member

what the fuck... lol

so today i was driving on the freeway, and the 18-wheeler next to me almost lost control because of a blow out. without thinking i floored it to pass him and avoid any impact that might occur.

is our fucking self preservation instinct so god damn strong that even people who want to die will automatically do what it takes to survive in hectic moments? or am i just a fucking scared bitch?
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

So tell us what is happening with you. That was a close call. I had something like that happen to me. I went to pass a semi and it was raining like hell. As I got next to his rear axles, he was shooting water out to the side. I was blinded and had already commited myself, so I held onto the steering wheel and punched it to get out of that situation. I learned a valuble lesson that day.
    Are you having suicidal thoughts? How about anxiety, or mood swings? I'm just trying to find out what brought you to the forum? I'm not trying to push you. It's just you didn't say much about what is bothering you...:chopper:
  3. subt

subt Member

i signed up on these forums over a year ago and totally forgot until i started cleaning my email out today. i found the link so i came to the forums :)

having suicidal thoughts is irrelevant because ive wanted to die for about 8 years and i haven't done i highly doubt ill do it.

im just sick and tired of how life has become... i think back to when i was really one to put me down......i could actually be stupid and not be looked at like im a fucking retard.

i dont want to get to know anyone around me which makes me a GOD DAMN outcast. i do not want a girlfriend(which makes me a fucking ******). i dont wnat kids(which makes me a fucking weirdo)

i dont want what most people want....what most people consider the reason to live.......the american dream....

so what should i want?
  4. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

It's ironic.... but even suicidal people are capable of making logical decisions.
  5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Yes our survival instinct IS strong :smile:. Like if you try to stop breathing and pass out your body will autmoatically start breathing again. I guess you'd have to really train your body to self-destruct. Like meditate on self destruction for years to get your breath to stop. But I've never heard of that :laugh:.

Your sentences saying you don't want to get to know anyone or have a girlfriend or have kids was fine if you left out the parenthesis. Those could all be positive things. Look at the parenthesis and change them.

don't want a girlfriend (because i'm ok with being alone)
    don't want kids (because that is my choice)
    or something along those lines. Something that makes you feel good, because these things don't make you weird or a bad person. A lot of people choose not to have kids these days. I'd say that's a good decision because the world is overcrowded anyway :laugh:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.