self-termination center

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

What if each town had a self-termination center where you can end your life in a relaxing, nonchalant manner? All you do is come in, sign your name, take a number, and wait. They'd have a nice waiting room with the typical magazine spread - Time, People, Discover, Entertainment Weekly, Vogue, etc. They'd also have a snack bar where you can sip coffee or juice and eat a muffin. Then when your number is called, you go into a dimly lit room with a long fold out chair in the center to rest your entire body. They'd have a gas mask to put you out and an IV all ready for a lethal but painless concoction of drugs to release you from your life sentence.

I wonder how many people would do this? Would you, if you knew it was that simple? I would.
  2. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

I still wouldn't and this will never be possbile just look at what you have to go through to have an abortion
  3. diver200

diver200 Senior Member

I guess it brings new meaning to the word "your number is up," when they call you in by your number. I think if they had such centers, suicide would be more socially acceptable, and another reason not to do it would disappear. I suppose there would be a definite increase the numbers of successful suicides!!
  4. Ire

Ire Guest

But hell, if there's that many people want to die, then It's prolly a good thing.
  5. anoniboy1

anoniboy1 Member

It's impossible. *It's Only possible on your dreams*

How could a religious society have an death-centre ? xD

You could dream, but u shouldn't made it. :/
  6. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

I might stop there for lunch if the muffins were good. The closest you might get to such a place is probably legalized euthanasia clinics but the debate on that is still going and probably always will be. Even then, you need a legitimate reason and the paperwork alone would probably kill you first.
  7. Not only would I go, I'd camp outside overnight, waiting for the first opening day.
  8. painsource

painsource Well-Known Member

How much would they charge?lol
  9. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

did someone say muffins

i'd go for the coffee if it was any good but i wouldn't take a number. i have other things to do today....

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

umm that appealing:tongue: i'll keep my answer to myself hehe
  11. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I've heard that in the Netherlands, assisted suicide is legalized so a 'suicide clinic' is a real possibility. I don't know if they would be able to find doctors willing to participate in putting people to sleep, but I'm sure there are more 'Dr. Kavorkians' out there. Most doctors try to save lives, not end them. I'd probably go for the free muffins and to see if I could talk anyone out of ending their lives.
  12. Mortem

Mortem Well-Known Member

Mmmyeah, mucho appealing thought. :D

Maybe at some point in the future, when the threat of overpopulation of acknowledged, such places will exist. At that point I think the general attitude towards suicide might've changed as well. Maybe those who visit the clinics will be appreciated for their sacrifice.

I'd be a regular there... err... at least for a little while. :tongue:
  13. Random

Random Well-Known Member

This thread reminds me of an episode of Star Trek that I saw where there was a guy who was from a planet where they were required to commit suicide when they reached a certain age. Obviously, because the society he came from was very technologically advanced, the whole thing was painless. I think it was basically just like a chamber. The person would step inside and simply be vaporized or something.

Anyway. Would I do it? I don't know. It's not really the fear of pain or anything that keeps me from it anyway. Although the risk of failure is definitely something that [prevents me. It's my family more than anything.
  14. The Loner

The Loner Active Member

The waiting list would be so long you'd have lived your whole life by the time your number came up. Who knows, maybe such a place will exist in the future what with the way the world is going at the minute anything is possible. I wouldn't go near it the only person that kills me is myself.
  15. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

My first thought says that is 1st amendment right revised. The freedom from religion.

I am not priveleged yet to such an encounter but maybe when my grandchildren are old enough. That is my plan

That should be legalized ,I believed . We sure do have the right to believe or not to believe ,& same with our lives.

This will affirm how much the wars have taken its toll to our lives
  16. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I never thought of it that way. Good point. This could turn into the McDonald's of suicide.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2008
  17. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Jeez, I haven't worked that out yet!
  18. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Too funny!:laugh:
  19. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

There's already one up and running in Switzerland:

Free? The Swiss "Dignitas" people charge £5,000!

I'd prefer the version in Futurama--a little phone booth-sized "Stop and Drop" machine you step into, select either "quick and painless" or "slow and horrible," and off you go. Best part is that the Futurama version only cost 25 cents.
  20. blindrage

blindrage Member

to take my OWN life? that i own?

oh wait, no i don't. we are all slaves of the queen. she literally owns your body, the fucking reptile. even you americans. something apparantly to do with our birth certificates show this. you only have a COPY of your origional birth certificate. those assholes get the real one. legally making us their slaves.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.