Selfharm/biting? *trigger*

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by UC89, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UC89

UC89 Member

Hey, i havent self harm (with a blade) for almost a year however lately when tense at work i sometimes, erm seem to lose control for a moment and bite my arms/wrists almost like i am trying to tear my veins out. i know there are diffrent types of self harm but was wondering if this was a common form? whenever i used a blade i felt more in control, though i understand there is no real control with self harm. i also never used to self harm at work tho in the last year have been doing it more often (stress i think). anyway yea just kinda trying to get more info from anyone who had any info on it...
    thanks.

2. scarlettdrknss

scarlettdrknss Well-Known Member

i have no idea about the general information. i did bite myself as well though. for me it was almost the same thing as cutting somtimes. just that i had multiple reasons why i woud cut. sometimes only because i wanted to. but i would bite myself only out of desperation. my parents had made such a fuss about cutting and had taken all sharp things away from me and had kept checking in on me so i had nothing else to use and i would chew the inside of my cheeks raw or my wrist.
    it reminds me of captive wild animals, you know. some wild animals are so depressed in their cages that they chew their own paws off, ever heard of it? well that's what i felt like. i would say it's just a normal part of depression, though i haven't heard of anyone else biting themselves... except for you now

3. UC89

UC89 Member

never thought about it like that, the anmials in cages thing... kinda get where you are coming from. In a way am relived aint the only one was worried was just me. Though i guess everyone on here has felt that at some point. Well thank you for replying has helped me understand it alot me. Also found bite marks fade quicker and bruise instead of scar so have been easier to hide. Is ironic am writing this with my bf not 3 feet from me and yet he has no idea i have resorted to biting, just dont wanna add to his crap... wow ramble! anyway scarlett thank u again! will try to keep in touch ps ur pm says ur cold? so here is a hug :cuddle2:

4. scarlettdrknss

i'm glad i could help if only a bit ^^ thx for the hug, and here's one right back at ya (since finding out how to make those smilies is too complicated for me and cuz i'm lazy, this will have to do) *hug*
    anyway, i know what you mean. i had bitten the side of my hand once and that was hard to hide. luckily i have a dog so i could say my dog bit me whenever anyone asked but it is a weird feeling when your with someone, thinking about these things while realizing they would never even come to the idea that people do such things, not to mention you, their friend. when i had cut a bit deeper once, i was with my friends at school (at recess) and i could feel it break open and start bleeding again while i was laughing at one of their jokes. xP

5. UC89

UC89 Member

Your right about the smiles took forever to try and figure it out! and people thinking same thing as you is right as well only other person i spoke to about it is a manager at work was talking about random crap and got onto depression and SAD etc and she was telling me how when she was bad she was driving and almost kept going over a cliff was like "wow, but you always come across as a happy person" was odd to think she had gone through that. Anyway if you ever fancy a chat or anything let me know you like a nice person (sorry i have no idea if ya guy or girl) and be good to have to someone else to talk to about it :)

6. scarlettdrknss

that's why i stick to using the normal smilies x]
    i used to wonder before if we would make the best actors since we can pretend that we're happy-go-lucky while we're thinking about suicide or hurting ourselves at the same time...
    anyway, i agree. it's good to have someone to talk to. and you're kind as well ^^
    i'm a girl, btw, to stop your wondering ;P

7. UC89

UC89 Member

Yea but pressure of acting probs make most of us snap after a week. And thanks u seem sweet as well. awesome girlfriends so much less maitniance then boy mates (for me anyway tend to think about trying to get with a dude while trying to be mates at same time lol). Well your welcome to personal message me if ever need a friend to talk to unless wanna just post on here again since we seem to be the only two people on come on this post lol :)

8. scarlettdrknss

good point. i'd be too shy to even try out for acting anyway.
    i'm not that social, but i can get along with pretty much everyone, i just don't want to that often xP i had the experience that girls get offended too easily and hold grudges for way too long, guys seem more relaxed.
    yeah haha i guess they saw the tow of us talking and didn't want to intrude or budge in or something. or none of them has ever bitten themselves

9. UC89

UC89 Member

We even if is just us two adlest we're not alone in doing it :) And i am the other way round with friends i make "girlfriend" so much easier then i do guy mates, is odd sexual i love being with a guy but dunno as not into football etc cant relate to most guys, where as girls for the most part are friendly and easy to talk ( in my experiance anyway altho the offended/grudge thing is proberly true) And to anyone else reading this you are WELCOME to join us. :) see if that gets any responces lol. And yea am similar 90% people i know i can get on with i just cba most of the time, way to draining, would rather save the energy for dvd watching and video games :p. so where about do you live? if dont mind me asking, can pm it if prefer . B

10. kittenette

kittenette Well-Known Member

i'm a biter too! i just use the usual clumsy, banging my arms into things to explain the bruises which are so much easier that keeping track of cutting excuses!

i figured it was fairly common since a friend i had who was recovering from self harm used to bite a lot when she got desperate, i now know how she felt.

11. asking_for_it

asking_for_it Member

i bite when i cant get my hands on anything sharp. it is more real and i like how my arm gets swollen.

12. scarlettdrknss

hey, we're not the only ones x] i hadn't heard of anyone biting before so i'm actually kinda relieved i'm not alone ^^ not that it's a good thing in any way...
    though, biting does also scar by me. maybe cuz i often bite till i taste blood... and biting takes much longer to heal than cuts by me.

i like the way you describe it as real. i have the same feeling, like you're actually doing something. with a blade it's like, it's on your skin and you barely have to do anything and then it's bleeding.

i'm attracted to guys more in every way xP though i have my little group of friends and i'm not thinking of changing it ^^
    i've posted it somewhere else before so, i'm in germany right now. i'm not german though, not really. =] you?

13. UC89

UC89 Member

Woop.Is woop the right phrase to use here? Well anyway is good to know is just me and scarlett. Thank u for replying btw and yea bruses less noticeable as well it seems, hell have done it with fiance in the next room and he never questioned me about any brueses or anything.Actualy having tempation right now to bite as fiance on next sofa not said a word, and as usual has done fuck all, all day! Anyway kittenette how are this crappy rainy day?

14. UC89

UC89 Member

Same reason i do it most of the time, getting hold of blades at work hard unless i use stables, and bend them out, never had arm swell before tho

15. scarlettdrknss

staples... never thought of that xP i did cut myself with a pen once. it was an accident but it worked just as well lol
    and since my parents took everything sharp away, all i have around now are scissors... x/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.