selfishness

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Loco72, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loco72

Loco72 Well-Known Member

God I feel so selfish. I am sitting here alone at home...and all I can think about is cutting. My partners went of to church and I used an excuse that I have to work , even tho I'm not. I've been thinking of places I can cut they wont notice but even that is a problem...best chance is my thigh, but that's not foolproof...My partner is going through SO much right now I can't put anything else on her...as it is i'm struggling not to to totally breakdown. I don't know what to do...

2. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

heya

Keep calm... Is there anything that you enjoy doing? Instead of sitting thinking about where you want to hurt yourself, distract yourself, turn on the television or (and I know this sounds stupid) pick up a magazine and count the different colours and shades of colours. Try and do something else. Or even write down how you are feeling when you want to cut or draw on your self with red pen as if you had cut yourself and where you want to cut yourself.

Otherwise try holding an ice cube in your hand...it is painful but leaves no mark.

Hope some of this helps...here if you want to talk

Sam
    x

3. Loco72

Loco72 Well-Known Member

I feel so alone right now...

4. butterflies32

You are not alone I am here...we all are.

Can you explain y u feel alone??

Sam
    x

5. Loco72

Loco72 Well-Known Member

It's just like even when people are around me I feel alone, I know they will leave, and they don't truly know me, and the few that do leave...so I always end up alone.

6. butterflies32

Heya,

I understand that I think. There is an emptiness inside you. I am always here to chat even if you want to PM me. Sweety I know that I cannot make you any less alone but I can try.

Have you told your partner about this...how you are feeling?

Sweety I Sh myself and I know how isolating it can be. I hope you feel like you can talk to me. I hope that this feeling of loneliness does not make you want to SH now.

Will help if I can

Sam
    x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.