Semi-awake...?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by cult logic, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Well... today I woke up at 8:00, kinda weirded out that it was so calm because I was late for school that started at 7:15...

Then I realize that all my electronics are gone, laptop, phone, ipod, etc...

So I go find my mom to see what's up, and apparently, when she went to wake me up at about 6:30 I swore at her profusely and declared I wasn't going anywhere, which is why she "revoked" all my stuff.

So basically, I wake up to find I'd gotten myself into huge trouble this morning with absolutely no recollection of it!

And this isn't the first time that it's happened either, I've had situations before when people try to talk to me when I'm not really "there" and all I do is respond to them with extreme rudeness, and then don't remember it later...

Has anyone else experienced this? :sad:

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

My twin does this all time and swears she doesn't remember anything said or done. Must be sleep talking or something but yea not a good thing

3. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

i have and i do, i sleep talk alot, and i never remember any of it, unfortunately i dont think there is anything u can do about it. :/

4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

The first thing could be, you're sleeping, you were woken up in deep sleep and you're uninhibited then, and just want your sleep.

The second thing you pointed out sounds like a type of dissociation. Tiredness can make it worse.

5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

You should see a doc about it. They sound like they could be possible petit mal seizures. My son is epileptic and he suffers petite and grand mal. Petit he just "zones outs" for short periods of time. Doesnt recall them or what happened during them. Not trying to alarm sorry if I did. Petit mals can be suffered without being epileptic. They are also forms of disassocitation. Either way cant be very reassuring for you to lose those moments. Give the doc a try to eliminate possibilities of anything serious?

6. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

It's only when I'm sleeping it doesn't happen just during the day.

7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Sorry misinterpretted the follow: And this isn't the first time that it's happened either, I've had situations before when people try to talk to me when I'm not really "there" and all I do is respond to them with extreme rudeness, and then don't remember it later

Nevermind....... (lol). But still talk to your doc. Could be a symptom of some underlying problem.

8. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

I get this but only when I'm really tired or I'm sleeping in a place I'm not used to sleeping in. For me it isn't anything serious as it doesn't happen too often, but if it's happening frequently for you, and isn't due to any known reasons (such as when you're really tired, etc) then perhaps you ought to consult your doctor. It can't hurt to get checked out.

9. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

This is my cross... If you have got same problem it is not going to come any easier -ever... Not by age...

I have done some odd things and tried everything, no any help. If you sleep, you sleep no matter if your house falling apart around of you, you can say your mother "I am sorry your house falling apart" but you really not get it before morning... Then you blame your mother why she did not said anything...

Often I see dreams where I wake up and leave school and then I wake up real and wonder why my clock did not wake up me. No any help if I remove my clock, I had wake up on floor, kitchen, another room, where ever, and often clock on my hand or near by me on the floor when I wake up where ever I am... I wake up often clock in my bed..

When I sleep I sleep that is very simple...

But damned if there is one second pendulum at the house I do not sleep before it is out of house, I hear it from another room also and I cannot sleep.............. After I sleep no matter what happend............... Sick !

When I had to go to school 8.00, I had to go to sleep 21.00 That is only way to get sleep much enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.