Semi-Overdosing?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by nolonger, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

What would be the effects of taking 12ish paracetomol/ibuprofen in one go for a short period(more than twice but no more than 8 times).

Just wondering how fucked up I'd get if it 'happened'.

2. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

Nooooooooooo, not paracetamol :mellow:

i've had a major OD with paracetamol 3 years ago and i'm still not sure how my liver is...

worst case scenario you will get drug induced hepatitis from it and that hurts like a bitch

really, paracetamol is the worst choice in my opinion, even if im in pain i don't take paracetamol anymore...

paracetamol is evil

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Paracetamol does seem to smash me up more then Ibuprofen. Probly because Ibupro is....less intense? Plus the tablets themselves look different and the Paracs are like twice the size of Ibupros. I can take like 15 Ibuprofen 'easily', but if I take barely 6 Paracetamol my gut hurts like hell :unsure:.

4. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

ibuprofen is really powerful too, i remember taking 600 mg on an empty stomach, it seriously felt like my stomach was tearing open... if im not wrong, ibuprofen can cause internal (stomach) bleeding if OD'ed

anyway, i don't have any OD experience with ibuprofen, but i definately recommend not OD'ing on paracetamol... i regret i done it years ago...

it's really nasty stuff... i even lost my voice for 3 days because of it...

it has really bad side effects... it can leave your skin all yellow too because your liver won't be able to function properly...

and you should really watch out with liver cirrhosis...

5. FlashingFlickering

FlashingFlickering Well-Known Member

You definitely don't want to OD on paracetamol. I know someone who took 5 of them, and then just another 5 a few hours later. He ended up going through renal failure, got taken by helicopter to another country for treatment. Taking 12 could easily do the same, and even worse to you. Doing that more than once and you're really screwed. It'll fuck you up, but not in a good/desirable way. It'll be hell.

Similar goes for Ibuprofen. Even at small doses, you can get stomach bleeding from it and that is pretty hard to reverse. Ibuprofen will just make you feel like crap and very ill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.