Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by freedom, Nov 26, 2011.

Which of your senses do you rely on most?

1. Touch

3 vote(s)
  2. Taste

0 vote(s)
  3. Smell

0 vote(s)
  4. Hearing

2 vote(s)
  5. Sight

9 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freedom

freedom Well-Known Member

If you had to pick one of your five senses that you couldn't be without more than the others, which would it be?
  2. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

3. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Sight. I'm afraid of the dark. I hate it when I can't see. ><
  4. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

I rely on touch more than any other sense, and I believe the same is true for most people. However, the poll question and the OP question are not the same.

If I had to get rid of one of the traditional five senses, touch (and its corollary, physical pain) would almost certainly be the first to go.
  5. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I rely mostly on touch. Largely because I'm very sensitive to touch (hence why I hate people touching me :tongue: ). I kind of always have been... In the dark (which I'm terrified of), I'll put both my hands to either side and feel my way around. My sense of sight is kind of horrible (probably should be in glasses/contacts) and my hearing isn't great, either. I wonder how many people actually rely on smell and taste that much? Would be interesting to find out as I've always found them mostly useless unless eating or something.
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Definitely hearing!
  7. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I think it has to be sight for me. When I have had infections in my eyes and cannot open them I really do struggle eith life as I have no idea where I am going or what I am doing. It makes me feel extremely claustrophobic and panic when I cant see.
  8. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Need sight the most.
  9. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

I couldn't vote on this one,a silent world as opposed to a dark world is just too horrible to contemplate. I know some would say you can do without hearing and learn sign language but it must still be awful to live in a silent world. Music has been the one constant In my life and to kiss goodbye to all that music that has filled my life would be pretty devastating in itself. Equally I can't imagine the devastation of being blind tho I have some idea due to my grandmothers sister being blind. She remembers the lay out of her house and kind of manages in that way but it tears her up inside that she's never seen her great grandchildren and the images of her son,daughter in law and grandchildren have now faded from her mind.She can't appreciate a garden in full bloom,sunshine as opposed to a grey overcast day,she lives in eternal darkness. Sorry but I honestly couldn't choose.
  10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

sight I guess, or maybe hearing...that's a hard one to answer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.