Sensitive Guys.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Noir, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Noir

Noir Active Member

Are there even any out there?
  2. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Tons! They're probably hiding like me though :)
  3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I am one of those sensitive guys.
  4. Jen23

Jen23 Well-Known Member

If you find any good ones, send one my way :laugh:
  5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I can try and make it over the across the pond for you Jen...but all I have is a rowboat. :laugh:
  6. Jen23

Jen23 Well-Known Member

See you in a few months then lol
  7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

"Row, Row, Row your boat, gently across the ocean" :biggrin:
  8. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

There are tons of sensitive guys. I don't know how many are in the dating pool though :laugh: . If you want to find a sensitive guy, initiate a conversation with the guy who does everything not to look at you. But for the most part, people date when they feel confident with themselves. That means that you aren't particularly heart broken if your relationship doesn't work out (unless it's longterm).

I'm much more sensitive when I'm single and not looking. That's because I don't date when I can't take care of myself, let alone another person. But when I am dating, I find myself shifting a bunch of traits and behaviors.
  9. AlexRA

AlexRA Member

Sensitive ones do exist depending on where you live I'd guess. Might just be from experience of my own mind but shyness is a bit of an indicator.
  10. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

What James said is spot on. I'm a Sensitive type myself. Unfortunately where I live (Miami) machismo culture has taken hold, prompting even the genuine sensitives guys into putting up fronts or denying their inner selves.

Sadly, many women have also perpetuated this by targeting the stereotypical 'manly' men. In some places and circumstances, it certainly isn't easy to be sensitive.

But then again, those mature enough to aim for a sensitive, honest guy are probably all that matter anyway :p
  11. ellashootpt

ellashootpt New Member

i am one of these 'sensitive guys', and it does not work
    i am alone, and feel i will always be that way
    idk what to do
    should i be brazen, arrogant?
    seems to work for everyone else...every other couple i see and begin to feel jealous of
  12. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

my boyfriend is one of those sensitive guys but he used to be my friend. from mine, and friends, experiences the relationships that normally work with sensitive guys ar the ones that are born out of friendships

i do agree with what james said as well
  13. Noir

Noir Active Member

See the thing is about sensitive guys.. I just admire them so much for being the type to be there to understand what you go through, they can't complain because they go through the same things as well.
    In my opinion, being in a relationship with a sensitive guy would be amazing.
    Just imagine a sensitive couple, sitting down talking to each other about problems, helping each other out, crying on each other's shoulders.
    Yet it don't mean you can't have a laugh with each other too of course.
    But the main thing is that he can be the one to understand you, I prefer them to other guys, all the other guys seem to be living "perfect" lives and when you try telling them your problems all they would ever do is throw it back in your face and say, "I don't have time for drama."
    I'm a sensitive girl myself, obviously I joined this forum because I have no other people to talk to, and everyone who is a member of this thing seem to understand me because they're all going through the same shit in their lives everyday.
    I go on this on a regular basis now because I can't even talk to friends about what I go through, because you know why? They don't understand how much it hurts..
  14. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

I like to think of my self as a sensitive guy, but the idea of laying bear everything that goes on in my mind to my GF kills me. I can't do it, I won't.

I don't mind being there to be a shoulder to lean on, to support. To go out and have fun and party and laugh. I don't want to burden someone else with my insanity.

Also though, there is a difference between girls that are sensitive too and drama queens. Drama queens everything is so goddamn important the world should stop and listen to the horrible things that are happening "blah blah blah." Because so and so said that my pants made me look fat and i was ugly and that bitch has no right . . .. That is a horrible example but my point is it's different sometimes. Guys sometimes can't tell that difference between what really is important and what is merely attention seeking bullshit.
  15. Noir

Noir Active Member

Yeah, I agree with you.
    I don't attention seek because I myself am going through really major problems in my life, it's why I even joined this forum.
    But anyway, if I were to be in a relationship with a sensitive guy, I would always be the one to put him before me, what differs me from other girls is that I don't think much about myself and because I care so much about others around me, I'd always be there for them and listen to everything they have to say.
    It does make you feel good when you're the one to just sit down and listen to other people talk about they're problems because most of us here can relate and think of ways to solve that problem, if the problem is so big and unsolvable, you can still be there for support.
    I feel guilty talking about my problems to anyone really, but then again, I do find it fair when I'd take turns with someone talking about problems so we can both be heard.
    I believe that a relationship is not just about trust and love, but it's also about sacrifice and support, if they're happy, I'm happy.
    And I also think it should be open as well.
  16. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

...i must put my ''two-cents'' worth in here.

there are sensitive men, who are also, 'manly' men. they are rare....:rolleyes:

but they do exist. perhaps there are more than i think....but i don't live a lifestyle that causes me to meet many people.

being sensitive, as a man, (or woman..!) does not mean you are a 'drama queen'. what it does mean, is that you are mature enough to be in touch with your own emotions. for a man, it means he is also secure enough in his masculinity, and does not worry that showing tenderness or sharing his feelings makes him seem effeminate.

bottom line - sensitivity need not be gender specific.
  17. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I'm totally a sensitive guy, Like I've been known to cry at movies and I usually put the needs of others ahead of mine, I'm very caring, a good listener ect. These are all traits that I like about myself but being a sensitive guy can have it's draw backs, like people tend to take advantage of my caring nature, and I kind of let them walk all over me at times. Sensitive guys, I think, tend to be a little shy as well which can make it hard to find them....but we're out there.
  18. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I'm not really a sensitive guy.

In fact I have been known to be at times what you might call a "dick".

Some girls like that stuff, but the majority around here are into sensitive guys. :dry:
  19. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

I'm interested what your definition of the word sensitive is .. if it's being caring, then all well and good, but sensitive in terms of being fearful and getting hurt when someone rejects you is not so good.
  20. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I'm super sensitive. Probably too much so.