separated by 17 years!!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by mortdesinos, Jan 20, 2008.

1. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

I'm twenty. She's thirty-seven. She has been out of work on sick leave for depression, and doesn't have the desire or motivation to do the things that I want to do. It's going to be over now, because it just isn't going to work out. I don't have the feelings for her that I first did. We were just going with the flow, as I had suggested we should. But she put me on a pedestal. She obsessed over me. I tried to get her to break up with me by making myself out to be a bad person, so she wouldn't feel so hurt, but instead she only grew closer to me. But now it will be over.
  2. I hope you will be okay. :hug:
  3. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

In the long run it will be better for both of you if you just let her go as gently and quickly as possible. You've tried to protect her feelings as much as you could, but she is an adult and ultimately responsible for her own emotions. Killing yourself won't solve anything, especially if you are doing it because of her... it will only make her feel much worse.