Seperating Parents

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by PandorasToybox, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

So I learned today my parents are seperating. This is my second family & the second seperation I'll be going through. It makes me wonder what I did to deserve this. I just want ONE family. ONE fucking family. Is that asking too much? Or if I can't have that stop giving me families that I get attached to. I cant do this anymore.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that Koi :(

It's not your fault and you didn't deserve it.
    Have they asked you how you feel about it? :hug:
  3. PandorasToybox

I credit them for trying but honestly I can't even understand myself right now: I'm crying hard enough that my speech sounds like a drunk.
  4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Just want you to know I'm thinking of you. :hug:
  5. PandorasToybox

Thank you Acy. I honestly don't know what I would do without you guys :hugtackles:

I got through to a counselor I can see tomorrow ... None of this seems real.
  6. christian_1990

christian_1990 Well-Known Member

my parents separated when i was 3...had a shit childhood
  7. PandorasToybox

My first family split by the time I was 3, but my new family gave me a wonderful childhood... this can't be happening
  8. christian_1990

christian_1990 Well-Known Member

are you adopted? because i dont understand what you mean with first, second family :D
  9. PandorasToybox

Yes I am adopted. At one point I was shared between 3 families all at once due to an ugly arrangement. Then I finally got my second family, & now they are seperating.
  10. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I know these words arent going to comfort you but I am a parent with children and I had to leave my now ex. I did it not for myself, but rather my kids. It was a very ugly relationship and I did not want to have my children deal with it. I did not want them to grow up seeing such things and wondering just like you are now "what did I do to deserve this". Unfortunately the kids are always the ones that think, what did I do, what could I have done differently, why am I loosing my family, doesnt anyone care about how I feel or think about this? But in some situtations the kids are the top priority in why parents seperate. Yes it is hard and unfair but if it means a better life, time will help you see that. I'm so so sorry you are having to face this. I think you should try to sit and talk to your parents, about your feelings and your fears. I know my kids did and it helped all of us throught this. If you cant talk to them, then sit and write a letter about what you need them to hear. It is a difficult time for you all hun. But you have people here that want to help you through it. Keep posting and get it out.
  11. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

It's easy to blame yourself when parents break up but I really doubt any of this is your fault. They had trouble between themselves and it's unfortunate you're in the middle of it. I hope whatever happens the process is as painless as possible for you. I hope that if they do decide to split up you'll be able to stay in regular contact with both and you'll all get on ok so that there's no bad tension.

Saying that however maybe in time they will see through their differences and will be back on a good path together again. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.