September healthy eating and weight loss thread, join in...

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Glad the winter weather is causing you to drink less alcohol, that's a plus :)

Ah, thank you for that info, i'm going to get a pedometer today and see how that fares out :) I'm looking forward to beating you in steps :P Maybe we could even challenge each other lol

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
So I've not had the best couple of days. I ate well on Thursday and went for a 30 minute walk but I had a work function in the evening and drank a lot :confused: Today, I had a hangover so ate rubbish. I had a burger and a coffee for lunch then this evening I had chicken Kiev with sweetcorn. And I didn't get any exercise today - I only managed about 7000 steps :(

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@Woowoo its okay to have bad days, bad days will happen and they are just a tiny dent on a large scale. Keep it going. I know you can do really well, you have proven it time and time again, your exercise is mostly always 100 percent and food wise you do awesome too and eat very healthily :)

I'm re-starting my diet today. I call it my 100 day countdown to new years day. I don't know what I weigh(should i to see where i'm at?) but want to lose 2 stone (28lbs) or more before New years day. One thing i'm lacking in is motivation. I don't know how to motivate myself.

Wouldn't it be the best Christmas gift if we could reach our targets?

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I had a better day yesterday. I didn't get much exercise in unfortunately because it was pouring with rain all day. So I went shopping and I treated myself to a skinny pumpkin spice latte for lunch. I had an apple and nut bar for a snack and for dinner I had roast chicken with mash, broccoli, swede and gravy.

Motivation is a hard one. I found a couple of websites with tips but I don't know if they'll help:

https://www.eatingbirdfood.com/14-tips-getting-and-staying-motivated-to-eat-healthy/

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/weight-loss-motivation-tips#section15

It may be worth making your diary public as it may make you feel more accountable. Coming to this thread and telling you what I've eaten motivates me to not go crazy so that I'm not embarrassed talking about what I ate.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
You certainly did have a better day yesterday - well done girl.

Thanks so much for the website links. I shall check them out soon.

I agree that keeping track of what you eat and sharing it definitely motivates a lot of people as I wouldn't want to write ''well dinner was 4 kinder buenos and 2 ice creams'' lol yup a definite motivator :)

I will make it public in a minute, I shall move it to this section rather than the diary section so I can get help and support from more people like you who are awesome dieters :D

Just a thought...since you like walking so much, why not save up for Christmas and get a treadmill? Or do you prefer to walk outside? It is handy to have a treadmill cos if you awake at 5am and have nothing to do, its there for exercise. Did someone just mention Christmas :oops::oops::oops: Yup, I did. I might save up for an exercise bike or rower as I have a treadmill.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'd love to do that Petal. It would be great to be able to exercise indoors when the weather is awful and watch TV at the same time lol. But unfortunately my house is pretty tiny and I haven't got the space. I wish I had a spare room :(

Lightsout

I'd love to do that Petal. It would be great to be able to exercise indoors when the weather is awful and watch TV at the same time lol. But unfortunately my house is pretty tiny and I haven't got the space. I wish I had a spare room :(
They now sell small sized treadmill for apartments. I had one few years ago, and have more exercise in a month than a whole half year combined! Maybe you should give it a try, just google them :D

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
So, I've had a good day food wise. Chicken and vegetables for lunch and cheese and biscuits with salsa for dinner. But unfortunately I only managed a short 20 minute walk because it was raining.

At the start of the month I set some goals for the month. Progress this week:
* cut down on the amount of carbs I'm eating, particularly bread. I've eaten less this week. I only had bread twice and both were for lunch, but I did have crackers this evening.
* cut down on the amount of alcohol I'm drinking. I'm going to try to have at least 3 alcohol free days a week. I actually managed 4 days without ability this week.
* exercise more. Go for a walk of at least 30 minutes 3 times a week, do at least 8000 steps every day and do some toning exercises 3 times a week. I only went for a walk of at least 30 minutes twice this week and didn't quite get to 8000 steps every day. However, I've done about 60000 steps in total so have averaged more than 8000 a day. And I only managed toning exercises twice.
* drink more water and green tea. I've drunk more than usual but still need to drink more.
* visit this thread every day for the rest of the month to report progress. I missed a day when I was busy. I've now started a food /exercise journal thread to record what I'm doing each day. Please feel free to comment.
* lose 4 pounds. I've only lost 1.5 so far.

Not doing too bad but need to do better this coming week.

merlin123

Hello people! I just found out about this thread. I started doing excercise a few days ago with the bike, I am in a horrible shape so at first just a few minutes were enough to leave me with no air. Little by little I'm getting more resistance but I still have a long way to go

I would like to excercise an hour a day, or at least half an hour if I don't have much time, to get to ~50kg. Well, actually, I don't care too much about what would be my ideal weight, I just want my legs to look nice, I have a small problem with them hehe...

I need to improve what I eat. I don't eat bad, but I don't eat good. My body is used to so much sugar and fried stuff that it is difficult to get out of it

But, we can do it!!! I'll try to be around here to see how you are all doing and tell you about myself

Btw, do you know any decent site to look up for a healthy diet?

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hello @merlin123 welcome to the healthy eating thread :)

I think exercising for 30 minutes a day is enough because at 30 minutes a day its something you can sustain and do all your life.

Keep on going with the bike hun, only do as much as you're comfortably able to, then build up slowly.

Think you have the same problem as a lot of us, sugar, fried foods seems too much of a temptation but hopefully with the support from one another here we will get where we want to be and you'll love your legs again :) Glad to hear you will be around, i'm looking forward to seeing you here.

As for sites for healthy eating, I would strongly suggest http://whfoods.com/

If I come across any more, I'll keep you in mind to share them with. Best wishes x

It's been a bad week end for me. I thought going to see my friend in strasbourg would make me in a good mood, but it wasn't that great... I rediscovered this town though, I'm happy I was able to go in these busy streets, with incredible architecture.
And I ate a gigantic ice cream. And a ramen, and a nut bretzel, a croissant (Aaaaah finally a REAL french croissant, I got tired of the german ones (good but... no match)) and when I got home I drank a lot and ate 3 eggs.
Then on sunday I ate a whole (french) baguette with cheese, eggs and apples (not all at once haha), and drank a lot again. (I mean, alcohol)
It was a sad week end, a bad week end.
Coming back from strasbourg I caught a cold... amazing =_=

My motivation is extremely low and my cold doesn't help...

@merlin1233 Hello ! Welcome to the september healthy thread :)
You know, sugar has an incredible addictive power, don't feel bad if you feel that it's difficult. I also want to feel better with my legs :) I hope you will find what you're looking for here

@Petal I can only wish you good luck with you target ! It certainly doesn't seem easy, but we're here to support you :D

@Woowoo I see that you are headed in the right direction ! I'm super happy you manage to maintain this healthy lifestyle

Have fun <3

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It's been a bad week end for me. I thought going to see my friend in strasbourg would make me in a good mood, but it wasn't that great... I rediscovered this town though, I'm happy I was able to go in these busy streets, with incredible architecture.
And I ate a gigantic ice cream. And a ramen, and a nut bretzel, a croissant (Aaaaah finally a REAL french croissant, I got tired of the german ones (good but... no match)) and when I got home I drank a lot and ate 3 eggs.
Then on sunday I ate a whole (french) baguette with cheese, eggs and apples (not all at once haha), and drank a lot again. (I mean, alcohol)
It was a sad week end, a bad week end.
Coming back from strasbourg I caught a cold... amazing =_=

My motivation is extremely low and my cold doesn't help...

@merlin1233 Hello ! Welcome to the september healthy thread :)
You know, sugar has an incredible addictive power, don't feel bad if you feel that it's difficult. I also want to feel better with my legs :) I hope you will find what you're looking for here

@Petal I can only wish you good luck with you target ! It certainly doesn't seem easy, but we're here to support you :D

@Woowoo I see that you are headed in the right direction ! I'm super happy you manage to maintain this healthy lifestyle

Have fun <3
Thanks @Patafikss

I'm sorry that the weekend wasn't good for you :( But it does sound like you had some yummy food - ice cream and proper French croissants sound wonderful :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00