Serious talk, please. Thanks :)

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
How do I help my aunt? My family is quite negative and those olden days mindset that has to be successful (you know, peer pressure gets tense in the family as we grow older) hence I'm suicidal but I wish to help my aunt before she gets suicidal as well.

Here's her story:

She's depress at age 40 years old, single. Unstable jobs, doesn't know what she wants to do in life and has no clue about her dream goal. Okay, she told my parents, that I hear she wants to have an F&B business of her own but no one supporting her goal. Worse of all, she's homeless. Meanwhile, there's relative that could help her stay at her house, she's still miserable. I can tell because whenever we asked about her life, she panicked and get angry that's why I'm scared to talk to her. She doesn't have qualifications as well. She stopped studying after elementary school.

I'm scared to talk to her but I've been very observant. I know how it feels to be in her spot but if her depressive mood goes on, my mood would be hard to boost as well, you know what I mean. The suckish thing, people kept using us as a bad example but the differences between me and her, is that I hide. I still wish I could help her before my suicide tendencies gets stronger and won't save her.

whenever we asked about her life, she panicked and get angry that's why I'm scared to talk to her
She may be used to being defensive because she's scared of being criticized.

Maybe if you wrote to her or emailed her to tell her about your own struggles and how you want to support her, that might be a good approach.

Completely with with @may71's thoughts, and if you're up to it maybe telling her in person would help give her the opportunity to open up to you, but only if it's not going to negatively impact you. It's great that you want to help, but remember your own well being should always come first.

Take care

HappyKitty

She may be used to being defensive because she's scared of being criticized.

Maybe if you wrote to her or emailed her to tell her about your own struggles and how you want to support her, that might be a good approach.
she doesn't know how to use any technologies or wont even give me her number, we're not that close.

That's too bad. Does she have a mailing address, or is there a way you could see her in person?

It sounds like it might be hard to help her, there may not be much that you can do

HappyKitty

That's too bad. Does she have a mailing address, or is there a way you could see her in person?

It sounds like it might be hard to help her, there may not be much that you can do
Yeap. I could only chat with her when she's around, like give her stress relief. The rest, my aunts and uncles like her siblings help her.

I guess you could give her a letter when you saw her. If you see her for gift giving occasions, you could give her a letter in a card or something like that

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00