Serious thought.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MommaJay, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MommaJay

MommaJay Member

Does anyone ever heal from this? And if so, how do you know when you are "better" as opposed to just having a good day/week/month? I guess we should enjoy our spurts of happiness and try and stay in that moment as much as we can. But I need to know.. Does it ever end? I don't want to be like this forever.
  2. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

It does end. How do I know? I keep a journal on the computer. When I feel ok/good I don't enter so much. I keep it private so I can feel completely open. So I generally have an idea how I'm doing. I talk to the pdoc every six weeks and I have been giving him a good report for the time passed. With the exception of work stress I am generally ok. Never thought I'd get to this point. So can be you.
    MommaJay likes this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes you can recover from depression. I suffered from depression for years, in may 2014 I was cleared of having depression, I think lately thought it ''might'' have crept back in a bit but that is only due to starting a new therapy. You can get well again with the right support system in place for you. You are not alone. Don't give up, it does get better, I'm living proof of that :)
    AdamTide likes this.
  4. AdamTide

AdamTide Well-Known Member

I don't know about it ending but it CAN get a lot better. Talking to a therapist can help. Meds can help. Thinking positively can help a lot. Someone once said whether you can or you cant, you're right. You DESERVE for things to get better. Find something you enjoy and focus on it. Get good out of each day. You can write or sing or walk or ride around. Music can help a lot. Music is therapy. Listen to comforting, uplifting music. A great song is Rockabye by Shawn Mullins. In it he sings "everything's gonna be alright " And he's right. It is. :) You're going to be just fine. A comforting song is Breathe by Anna Nalick. She sings "cradle your head in your hands and breathe just breathe ". I and others here will be glad to help you in any way we can. hug
  5. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

You can. I went through a major event in my life. Really really bad. It effected me for 6 years. I rarely even think about it anymore. Even when I do, I'm Ok and can even talk about it with people I trust.

I am currently going through something... But its unrelated.

I think if what I went through, and what I've seen others go through, and we can move on and have lives you can.

I don't know your situation, but if you try... You will find something you don't know exists right now. Thats the issue with depression.... We just focus on the past. The future is unwritten and because of our past we assume it'll only be bad.
    AdamTide likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.