SERIOUSLY...does anyone actually care anymore

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by joeysephine, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeysephine

joeysephine Well-Known Member

Because it certainly doesnt feel like they do
    I bet no one even replies to this
    because I mean nothing to anyone
    I really might as well not be here
  2. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

:hug: what's wrong hon? xx
  3. joeysephine

Everything in my life
    and no one would even notice if I went
    my friends dont care enough and I never see my family
    I'm not with anyone and I doubt I ever will because the only guy I like and likes me back says hes got alot on his mind, well the only option left for me is suicide so I think I may have alot on my mind as well
    the only thing I have left to live for in my life is my dad, and hes 69, so its like, as soon as he goes, I'm following
  4. SpencerA

:hug: please don't think like that, do you try and keep in contact with your friends and family or do you sort of isolate yourself? xx
  5. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

In that post I recognised two people who would notice, and who I'm sure cares. Your dad and this guy. I think it's quality over quantity anyday. I'd much rather have one friend/relative who I love and care about who loves and cares the same way back, than meet hundreds of people where you're just a figure, a number.

What makes you think your friends don't care about? Could you contact your family?

You can add me on to the people who cares too. Feel free to PM me if you would like to, I'll listen. :hug:
  6. joeysephine

I try so hard with my friends
    and my family are just who I see at events like weddings and birthdays, it just happened
    but no matter how hard I try with my friends they wouldnt even notice if I stopped coming into college or stopped popping up on MSN
  7. SpencerA

you never know, sometimes when we're feeling down on ourselves we don't realsie that people actually do care, some people just have a strange way of showing it.. and i'm sure that if you told your trusted friends and family how bad things are for you right now they would do their utter best to support you xx
  8. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

we are all alone in this world, if you have functioning hormones and are mildly attractive or at least dont look like the elephant man you can find a mate, otherwise we are truly alone in this world
  9. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Most people don't care. Even here, such is life.
  10. soapymongoose

soapymongoose Well-Known Member

People like us are deemed not worth the effort by so many people. We have our own issues, which are so intrinsically complex that we have no control over what we feel or think. A lot of what we do "in the outside world" is instinctual I seem to find, and instincts seem to run concurrently with feelings and emotions. At such times we don't feel we can develop the ability to pretend. The times when we feel too much it can seem as though everything is a risk, every outside action needs a re-action and the reaction isn't borne out of pre-conceived thought on our part.

The average person who, more or less has consistent control of their emotions can live most of their life seeing us as "weak" or that we live a life of choice.

It seems even people with deeper insight can convince themselves of this. If shit gets too much, people who aren't like us can find satisfaction elsewhere..

The people who care, and I have found that the ones who make the effort to really try and understand our perspective usually end up caring deeply, struggle to understand and over time feel they have lost the battle. Our lack of self-preservation and abusive deterrent methods must be grating on a lot of people who have "piece of mind". My own must be anyway.

It's just do goddamn difficult to understand. For everyone. It makes it easier to not care :(
  11. asri

asri Well-Known Member

i see it a bit differently.. i bet people care. its just that they believe they really cant do much and that is why they choose to ignore..

but i do believe that it is in each one of us and only within us to pull ourselves out of our misery :( its tough hun but not impossible!!

if people dont respond, like PP said, its bcos they r caught up in their own stuff for the moment. but i have seen some of the most caring and understanding people here.. people who dont ask questions but just give a :hug: and it helps.. every little helps :)

you can PM me anytime u want too

take care
  12. looking2aspire

looking2aspire New Member

I've felt disillusioned to, contantly giving and not recieving and yes it drags you down and subsquently u percieve no one to care...Your Dad would miss you and when your friend sorts himself out he will then focus on giving u his undivied attention.He could be feeling the way u are, alone and dispairing. I agree quality friends are better then fleetig faces..Take Care
  13. Scars and Memories

Scars and Memories Account Closed

People care about you, they just don't show...
    They would be sad if you died. I don't really care about you cause I don't know you, but I would gladly take a day out of my life and use it to make you feel happy.. But I can't so yeah why bother:rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.