seriously, suicide? WTF

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by goakiu, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goakiu

goakiu Guest

If the uncertainty principle is that everything we do, and I mean everything, is always mixed with doubt, how can anyone be right? Is it right for someone to moralize about how relatives or friends might feel if we take our life? No way! Screw them for being such cowardly faggots to misuse peoples emotions like that. Life = tragedy, pain and loss whether your life's duration is long or short. Taking a blind step is part of being alive, even if that step is our last. Kirkegaard was right when he said 'TRUTH is SUBJECTIVE.'
  2. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure I understand your post, and don't want to post something offensive in case you're just venting.
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I don't understand what you mean..can you explain please...
  4. Pow

Pow Well-Known Member

Mh, i'm not sure what your getting at here.
    At first I thought you meant by people who think about suicide can't think straight but then you went on to what friends and family feel if we took our lives and I think you said it's their fault or something along the lines of that..
    sorry i'm confused :(
  5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Exactly. Everything you said makes sense, your reasoning is sound.
  6. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Actually If you look at it from a subjective point of view, how can you trust any opinions that you make.

How can you trust that your emotions are right, do we not do stupid things in the name of love? When we are angry do we not shout and say things we do not mean to the people we care?

Truth is only human opinion you cannot trust it all the time
  7. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

8. Perfect Melancholy

I concur, maybe more coffee is in order
  9. goakiu

goakiu Guest

This isn't a rant. I'm deadly serious. I've been feeling suicidal for a few days. It's spring, I should be okay, right? but I'm not. It feels more like winter in my heart.

The post about how other people might feel in the aftermath of suicide is incredibly naive. If there's anything that's going to help someone who feels their life is a mess and they want out, it's honesty. I wanted to get some balance here, not just throw in my two pence worth. There is a facade everyone in society is compelled to maintain; like a tortured and ridiculous game of tow the line. I hope one day I can drop the line without having to apologise.
  10. Perfect Melancholy

Okay well I am sorry you feel that way, but I am sure those around you would prefer you too talk to them about how you feel instead of taking your own life.

For a start you deserve a chance to be happy, and you owe it to yourself to speak to your family/friends if you wish, if not speak to someone professional or speak to us here. It might help you understand better, why you feel like this :smile:
  11. goukiu

goukiu Guest

I guess I'm looking to find someone who perhaps feels the same way as I do about their life and wants to 'take the bus.' I'm not endorsing suicide as the answer, only that it is a legitimate answer to the predicament of life.

I live in the UK, and for the twenty three years I've been alive, I can't say Ive contemplated suicide at all, until now. I've had emotional ups and downs like everyone else. I feel so tired of how futile things are in the long-term. Not with regards to my career or what I might do some day, but how it all feels like our lives are just like a spark between two eternities, past and future. Can anyone relate to that?
  12. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Yepppp. Every day. Mainly because of the inevitable, inescapable, absolute truth in it. It's difficult to contradict with something positively encouraging... :sorry:
  13. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I, too, feel as if my life is divided into two parts: The long, depressing past and the equally long, infinite future. Sometimes, it feels like a struggle just to get through it.

I'm glad I didn't reply rudely
  14. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I actually feel the opposite, that the present is the most significant time period. As it stands I can think, do, and learn an immense amount of things in the present, and the past and future are inaccessible and unimportant. Life changes every day, even if by the smallest amounts, and I learn something new or do something different that makes my life interesting.

It's almost like I have woken up, and i appreciate all the things available to me. Infinite entertainment, gainful employment, or simply a nice meal or snack, they are all accessible to me, but only in the present.

The future hasn't occurred, the past is dead, both are inaccessible, and the present is unfolding and expanding by the second.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
  15. goakiu

goakiu Guest

That's very interesting, bc that's precisely the attitude I candy-coated everything with before I realized I had been sleepwalking into thinking any of it has any lasting significance in relation to the billions of years, no eternity, of absence from time, space and imagination my death will bring.

Life throughout my teens, my loves, family, friends- an organic sentient lifetime of genetic waste. The moments we enjoyed together, the laughs, tears where have they gone? Yonder, buried in the sod.

This is no small technicality. It's my fate also. I'm not an atypical morbid sadsack usually, and I doubt many here are when they earnestly reflect upon things. I feel if I hesitate anymore about jumping from a tall building here, I will miss the window of opportunity.
  16. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I misunderstood what you were saying, and that's why my post is the way it is. I thought you were saying that in a lifetime, the past and the future are more important than the present. But you are saying that in the long haul, thousands of years down the line, then nothing we do will have mattered. That's what you're saying right?

Well you can say that, but we don't know if it will be true or not. Of course, not everyone will be significantly remembered, but that doesn't make us insignificant right now.

When it comes down to it, nothing lasts. Every building and structure we have will be gone eventually. Trees will fall, species will go extinct, and civilizations will crumble. That's just the way it is.

That doesn't change how important our lives are right now though. You speak of the times you spent with friends, and yes those times are gone, but the memories are still alive. I am guessing that those times are important to you, so they weren't insignificant. A thousand years later they may be, and so will a lot of the things we have today. But, a lot of the things we do in our time lays the foundations for life in the future, and we don't know the effect one thing can have down the line. If you've seen the movie Sliding Doors you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I'm rambling. My point is that we don't know what things will be significant, or what things will lead to something that will come to be significant. And yes, a million years later, everything we have today will be gone, but it still will have mattered, because we lived, and did something instead of nothing.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
  17. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

We can make a difference though, in other peoples' lives, and our own. Yes, we may not be able to cosmically rearrange the universe, but we can make a difference in our own personal worlds.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.