seriously whats life up to?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by corang, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Yesterday me and a friend I used to play WoW with got me on to hang out and chat. He got my ex in the group with me >.> so I was civil about it and acted mostly normal. So thats 1 person back in my life and 1 that got to talk to me again. Today I got a message from the only friend that actually stayed with me after I got instatutionalized for being suicidal and left school.

Life seems to enjoy making things seem good then turn it into a hell with me. Being paranoid that something majorly bad is going to happen seems pretty reasonable i think. So why exactly would life bring them all back into my life within 48 hours unless it was about to make it all worse?
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I know what that's like ... something good happens, and so then you wait for the bad. but sometimes the bad doesn't come. I hope it doesnt' this time!!
  3. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Me too cause this is really good I just very recently got over my ex and started liking another girl. Its so good and so many things are on the brink of going absolutely horrible in my life now.
  4. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

I've never really seen 'life' as an entity or force that decides how things go. If anything, it's the people within it that make it bad or good. Inviting your ex into the group without at least consulting/asking you was pretty crappy of him, have you tried talking to him about it? Try not to be too paranoid or worrysome over the next thing turning into crap too, as trying to predict the future based on past experiences isn't a very healthy thing to do as it can turn into a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy in some cases, and reinforce your negative feelings. Try to accept that not everything is black and white; just because something doesn't go 100% how you'd want it to go, doesn't mean it is neccesarily bad. Your friend wasn't being very considerate in inviting your friend into the group with you, however that doesn't neccesarily mean it's a bad thing. You could talk to the ex and smooth things out, ask your friend not to do that kind of thing again/ask him to tell her to leave the group, leave the group yourself, etc., etc.

Life is full of complications and obstacles, it hardly ever goes smoothly, so yes, I imagine something will most likely rain on your parade about having your supportive friend back, however it may not neccesarily be a bad thing. Try not to see things in terms of good or bad and remember that sometimes there are gray areas.
  5. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

My life is the same way.
  6. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Actually he did ask me I said it was ok and it was. Seeing that her life is going to hell (shes making it go to hell) made me realize im so much better off without her. Talking to her reinforced my getting over her because if things had kept going the way they were with us atleast one of us would be dead right now most likely.

I dont really see life as an entity or force either but sometimes it seems like something influences things around us a lot, to me anyway. I try not to make it a self fulfilling prophecy but im definetly on guard now for bad things happening.

EDIT: Forgot to add this when I posted it. Sorry for making it seem like my friend just got her in without asking shoulda explained a little better. And that friend that messaged me today we havent spoken for over a year because of well ill leave it at issues.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.