Seroquel ;25mg;prozac 25mg

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by life, Sep 24, 2007.

1. life

life Well-Known Member

Today i started theraphy and the therapist gave me prozac and seroquel...Is anybody here taking these medications?....are they good?

2. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Idk everyone has a different reaction to Prosac.... however much they were giving me it was a total Nightmare. I thought it was supposed to stop the sadness not increase it....major mistake for the doc to make.

3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

It's not always the doc. No-one really even understands exactly how these meds work. Some are good for some people, others, it only makes it worse. The important thing is that if you experience suicidal thoughts that are worse than usual or intrusive thoughts, stop taking the meds and immediately call your doc. Most people have to try a few types of meds before they find the right one, but it's worth it. Zoloft for me :)

4. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Out of all the antidepressants i've taken, I'd say that prozac probably worked best for me.

I'm currently taking seroquel and it seems to be reasonably okay. I'm guessing that you're taking it for sleep problems or something? (the usual dose for psychosis is normally a lot higher). It's also strange that your doctor has prescribed 25mg of prozac. I mean, I was on 30mg once (the liquid tastes disgusting) but 25mg? lol.