Seroquel (Quetiapine Fumarate)

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by xXxRNBxXx, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

Ok so I have been to see my psych doc today...

They have changed one of my meds...

I was on Respiridone 4Mg

They have now put me on Seroquel (Quetiapine Fumarate) 200MG

Anyone else on this or been on this??

whats it like :s
  2. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

I used to be on it.

Basically its the same as risperidone but you get less lethargic on it. Im guessing the reason you changed because the risperidone was causing you to be tired all the time.
  3. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

Strange you say that lol as i just read up its the most sedated of all anti psychotics :?

Also no thats not why I changed over....

Thanks for your input though xx
  4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

If you're on XR it's quite nice, stable, and effective. If you're not on XR it's quite nice, stable, and effective, but you pass out upon taking it and sleep a long time (since I'm a chronic insomniac this is a most welcome side effect.)
  5. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Hmmm maybe it is but i just found it chilled me out more. I think the one that sedated me the most was olanzipine
  6. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

I take it at night, 300 mg, so that I sleep. Without it, no sleep. I hear things that aren't there and worry, worry, worry. But, with it, zonk!

Yeah, it's weird to me, too, if you were trying to find something not to put you to sleep. Maybe it works differently for different people. Or, maybe you have the XR.
  7. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

I've been taking it for years. The regular, not the XR. 200mg, recently bumped up into the 250mg range.

Its so I sleep. If I don't take it, I don't sleep. Also keeps me from slipping into hypomania.

You probably will feel sedated at least at first. The stuff knocks you off your feet.
  8. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

Well I was on respiridone and recently my voices etc have been pretty bad. Im also not sleeping at all.

She's trying me on this for 2 week to see how i get on and if its not rigt for me she will put me back on respiridone but from 4mg to 6mg.

Its 200mg XL... ? So whats the difference from XR & XL ???

9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

"In the rest of the world SEROQUEL XL® is known as SEROQUEL XR(tm)" They're the same. In my experience the XR/XL version isn't very good help sleeping.
  10. Stray

Stray Account Closed

my partner started to have trouble breathing on this drug.
  11. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

omg really?

Well tonights my first night on this med... im so scared! x
  12. Stray

Stray Account Closed

Yeah, but it slowly went back to normal when he withdrew the drug. Good luck with it anyway.
  13. abcd

abcd Active Member

I've been on Seroquel XR for 2 weeks. They added it to my 20mg of Paxil.
    I was supposed to take 50mg at night, but I could barely function the next day (tired). So I cut the pills in half, turning it into a 25mg "immediate release". Now i'm just a little tired.

Even on just 25mg, my constant obsessive suicidal thoughts are almost non-existent. I never thought a pill could take away those thoughts. I still have some, but their not nearly as intense with emotion.

If you have bad side effects, consider lowering the dose and working back up to the desired dose.

Good Luck! hope it works for you.
  14. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I'm on seroquel 600mg, for my anxiety and mind doesn't stop if I don't take it...its very good for me...
  15. Infinite Sadness

Infinite Sadness Well-Known Member

I take 50 mg immediate release for sleep at night and it helps me zonk out great. I find that I am a bit hazy in the morning and I just have to get up and sort of shake it off like a minor hangover but I like it so far. Been on it for about a month now. I also take it 25 mg during the day every 4 hours prn (as needed for anxiety) which helps in place of the more addictive benzo I was on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.