Sertraline Increase

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Butterfly, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I have been on sertraline for a little while. I was on 50mg, then increased to 100mg and there has been absolutely no effect whatsoever. They are increasing it to 150mg and if still no response there will be an increase to 200 mg only then will they change my meds. Has anyone started responding better at a higher dose? SSRI's have done sweet fuck all for me and I am debating whether to just stop meds altogether because I am feeling worse than I ever have done before.

2. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I started at 50, went to 100 and now on 150 for a couple of months. I think theres a little bit of difference on the 150, for me. I think I'd like to quit and see really what the difference is. I have found the bad times/days to be less, which I suppose is good in itself and shows something is working!

3. Butterfly

I don't know if I am rebelling because I am unhappy with the increase or what, but I really want to stop taking meds. It sounds ridiculous but I am so fed up.

4. TheOncomingStorm

TheOncomingStorm Well-Known Member

Im on 150mg and it does fuck all..they're looking to increase mine to 175mg and if that doesn't work then take me off it...Its annoying to stick with it i know, but just go through with it and eventually they'll take you off!

5. Butterfly

I hope so, if I can get my GP to get on side that it doesn't work for me hopefully they will change me to something else I hope. I know that they won't put me on any more SSRI's it will either be another type of anti d or a mood stabiliser.

6. Constantinos

Constantinos Well-Known Member

If its not helping you, your GP will agree with you to change it. How long (in terms of weeks) have you been taking the increased dosage?

7. Butterfly

They only increased it on Thursday but I am waiting to pick up my prescription for thr new dosage so haven't really started the new dosage. I just know it is not going to work because if anything I feel worse after I first started taking this med.

8. Madsys

Madsys Active Member

ive tried lots of meds including sertra and it didnt really work at all...they doubled my dose and it still wasnt working so they immediately switched it..if its not working get them to switch it because sertra can actually be quite bad and can make u suicidal and all that bad stuff...so yeah ask them to change it...no, insist they change it! although everyones different and all that stuff...

9. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

My doctor agreed to switch me off it after four weeks on 100mg. She probably would have just bumped up the dosage again had I not made a big deal about the fact that it made me very irritable and agitated all the time. I suppose that tact could work even if you don't have those side effects but want to stop being dose increased and switch to something else right away.

Not that I'm recommending lying to your doctor but.... yeah.

10. Calico

Calico Member

I was on fluoxetine which made me agitated and irritable... I've just been started on sertraline and my doc said they could have the same effect, thus they should be taken along with an anti-anxiety drug - I'm on Seroquel.
    I really don't want to be on meds either - the idea that my happiness is dependent on a pill just doesn't really sit well with me. But my attempts to come off them have been pretty disastrous... :-/

11. Butterfly

I am not on sertraline anymore, they eventually changed me off it and put me onto seroquel.

12. aussiegal

aussiegal Well-Known Member

I was on a variety of doses increasing up to the 200 dose. I found it worked for me for a few months then like all of them so far I became resistant to it.