Sertraline?

aoeu

If you have bipolar, you'll find out in a VERY REAL WAY that you have bipolar if you take sertraline. If you start it and get manic effects, see your doctor ASAP.

(I have bipolar, so that was my experience with it.)

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Oh gosh. I am already struggling with moods eep well we will see because he says he wants me on it to help with my anxiety problems. Thanks for the heads up though will be extra cautious if he does put me on it. Xxx

aoeu

On the plus side, it would take a truly incompetent doctor to not correctly diagnose you with bipolar after you go manic on sertraline...

(And someone on this forum goes to such a doctor, who increased the dose.)

...there's an idea for expediting diagnosis of bipolar. Holy shit, I wonder if that's why they frequently try it first.

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Maybe??? Now Im suspicious because Ive been reading that venlafaxine and another anti depressant is the first choice for depression with anxiety issues??? Hmmmm. I feel very confused now. Maybe he thinks I have bipolar but didnt tell me and wants to see if Im manic or just genuinely thinks sertraline may help??? Interesting!!

aoeu

All doctors prescribe differently, so first choices aren't universal. Sertraline is an effective anxiolytic. I was given Remeron for anxiety.

I didn't realise this was just anxiety, he's not testing you for mania. If it was for major depression, then it's a possibility.

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Its for major depression and anxiety but he was worried the fluoxetine was making my anxiety worse hence the change xx

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00