Server Migration, Site Downtime

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by WildCherry, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I just wanted to let everyone know that SF will be moving to its new (and permanent) host and server on Monday, March 17. We expect the site to be down almost all of Monday while the files are being moved. I'm not yet sure what message you'll see if you open the main site, whether it will just say the site is down for maintenance, or whether there will be an error message. But it won't be anything to be concerned about; it will just be the site moving to its new home. :) There may also be another day or two of either downtime or inconsistency for DNS propogation; if I'm understanding that correctly, it means it will, just like last time, take a while for everyone's Internet providers to point to the new IP address instead of the old one. This was a huge issue the last time we moved, and why some people were on the old server while others were on the new one.

In the meantime, everyone is welcome to use SF's backup site, which can be found at:

www.suicideforum.net

This thread is going to be copied to several different forums, in the hopes of getting as many people to see it as possible. Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.