Setraline(Zoloft)

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Petal, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am on day 4 of this SSRI anti depressant which also has anti anxiety uses. It's early days yet, I know that everyone reacts differently to medication but I'm wondering if anyone could share their experiences with this drug? I've been on just about every other anti depressant ( although I'm actually only taking this for its anxiety purposes) so I'm praying this one with prove useful. If you take the time to read or reply to this, I would be very grateful.

2. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Hi - yes I take this. I started at a lower dosage and currently am on 150mg. Once or twice when I've forgotten my meds when traveling the withdrawal was not enjoyable but resolved as soon as I took them again. I'm also on klonopin for anxiety also. I believe zoloft is one of the better meds, although I suppose that is subjective. I've had no issues really with taking the meds/side effects. Some weight gain but that's it and could be caused by other things to be honest. I hope this one works well for you. :)

3. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

never found a med that worked for me, including this one

didn't help that it was the first med a new psych prescribed without warning me of the side effects - dosed me pretty high at first and they went away when he backed it off

4. Auerbach

Auerbach Well-Known Member

I am going to start zoloft in about a week or two as well, as soon as my body adjusts to the current med I am on. Keep us posted on how you feel and if you feel any different.

5. Petal

I am starting to feel better already, I am a small bit easier to leave the house now. My dose was increased today to 100mg, it is working....ill keep you updated hun, and best of luck :)

6. Petal

In 11 days. I started this med and am now on the max dose (150mg) and I am suffering from acute anxiety right now. Could this be due to how fast this med has been icreased?

7. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Hi... I don't know. I think it seems awfully fast for you to go from 50 to 150. I believe they can go to 200, or at least in the us they will. I'm on 150. I'm sorry about the anxiety, it's very difficult to handle. Would you just give them a shout tomorrow and inquire?

8. Petal

Hi hun, the anxiety is still lingering around. It was my doctor that told me the max dose is 150-other people have told me it's 200,so maybe 150 is the highest she will go. Yeah, it was upped very fast, and I feel uneasy. I will see her tomorrow after work and talk about it, will update here on what she says. Thank you x

9. Auerbach

Auerbach Well-Known Member

How did the visit go? How are you feeling now on zoloft?

10. Petal

Hi hun, the visit went okay..I spoke to her about what the max dose actually is. She said 200 is for exceptional cases but didn't put me up any further. She gave me an extra 10mg valium to take (30mg altogether) to let the anxiety settle. Said she will monitor me again soon...the anxiety has died down a good bit... oh and also said to give the setraline another few weeks before making a decision on it. So that was fine :) Thanks x

11. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

It was always the waiting to see if a med was working that was the worst part for me

12. Petal

I was put up to 200 a number of weeks ago, I can't remember how many exactly. But as usual with the increasing dose there was anxiety until it started working and that was 3 days ago. 3 days ago I woke feeling good and sleeping much better, I was skeptical at first but since then the anxiety is almost non existent and I've been sleeping great. It's always while the dose is increasing I feel not too great but once my body is used to it I feel great! Just hope it stays this way now. Have been on it several months now and I can even say I need to take less valium when the setraline its working! woohoo :)