Setting a date...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Aurora Gory Alice, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

New Years Eve 2009

I have tried and I have tried and I have tried.
    I have done EVERYTHING right. If I sat down with a counsellor and told him/her everything I had done, they'd look at me with a blank face because I have done everything I am supposed to do, to get over this depression and become a normal functional person.
    But yet still it isn't going right.

I don't want to kill myself. I don't want to die - I want to live and I want things to go right. I am trying so f*cking hard yet I see no results.
    Everytime I try to set the wheels in motion, something stops them.

I cannot live another year of misery, it's too much. I'm so sorry to those I will leave behind but I just can't do this anymore, it's too hard.
    So if nothing has improved by January 1st, I'm going to take an overdose and pretend to be hungover.
    I'll sleep for 12 hrs, my bedroom door will be locked. My family will just assume I'm hungover from new years so they won't check on me. By the time they realise they haven't seen me for 24 hrs, I'll be dead.

2. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

3. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

Linds..i know we have never talked but reading that like killed me. even though i feel exactly the same way as you, i don't want you gone. i wish i could help you, or do something to atleast try to. i'm sorry you feel this way. i hope maybe you will reconsider or set a date like fifty years from now.

if you need to talk about anything let me know.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You can continue to try Get your doctor to change you meds again It takes along time sometimes to get the right meds to work Keep trying you are worth it you deserve to be happy just like your friends are

5. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I have tried setting a date a couple of times, I find life usually gets worse when you do that, kind of like a self fufilling prophecy. If you have a date set to kill yourself, you are less likely to see the benefits of living, or any improvements in life. If you want to try and improve your life i wouldn't set a date, it will more then likely led to failure.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Linds,

To be honest,I don't know to say...I hope you'll reconsider. :hug:

Im around if you need to talk.

7. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

Linds!!!!!!! :hug:
    :cry: I'm here for ya....if u need to talk :hug:

8. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

I'll have to agree with Mordeci, Linds... setting a date is a bad idea. Don't chain yourself to a deadline (gosh the word sounded awfully appropriated). If you do it because you can't take it anymore, that's one thing, bad as it is, you had your reasons. But do it because you reached your deadline... That's throwing away whatever strengh ou still have left to fight because if by January the 1st you're still here, that means you may still be able to go at least one more day.

And that's more 24 hours for your life to improve. 24 hours you're refusing to have.

I know everyone says this, but if you need to talk, I'll be here.

9. Ben

Ben Member

Accidently just posted this on another thread, fortunatly you picked a date which is distant enough for you to realise that life is worth continuing, I truly hope you reconsider, my heart goes out to you.

10. physician

physician Well-Known Member

no!!!!! try other medicines....other therapies...
    just dont do it, because after that there is no back

11. Ben

Ben Member

You must convince yourself that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Things will get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.