Seven Years

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by starlight2006, Apr 11, 2008.

1. starlight2006

starlight2006 Well-Known Member

Last week it was the anniversary of my teacher's death. She died at school - just collapsed and couldn't be revived. It was after she had jus taught my friend and about 30minutes before I was due to have a lesson with her. It was the first death that I had experienced. I thought that I had dealt with it. At the time it, I struggle alot to come to terms with it.

I have been writing to her mum ever since it happened. Last saturday she invited me to meet her and my teachers sister. It was nice to finally meet the person that i had been writing to all these years and who helped me to move on. However, it has brought it all up again and for the first time in years its making me cry.

Her family are amazing. They have so much strength and courage. Her sister was diagnosed with breast cancer, but is now in remission. I pray for her because its unfair what they have been dealt.

To me she was my teacher and that is how i have always seen her. To meet her family made me see things differently. These people have such a void in their lives. One that can never be filled. And that is something that i am struggling with. She was only 29. She wasnt ill but she was taken. It is all so unfair.

Gone but never forgotten
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Although the loss was a tragic event, I'm glad that you have had the opportunity to keep in touch with the family. I'm sure they helped you as much as you helped them and together you have been able to move one year at a time and have been able to share good memories and times to make the pain more bearable.