severe anxiety/panic attacks

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by price88, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. price88

price88 New Member

hello this is my first post and have been suffering from panic attacks/anxiety for 3 years now to no avail...doctors can't seem to figure out what is wrong with me and I am getting down to the point where there is no answer...it is ruining my life and i am thinking more and more about about suicide...i am 27 years old and i'm currently on klonopin and it does not help my disorder at all...to be more clear i get attacks or feel like i have to throw up when i get into social situations for some reason....ie... go out to dinner with friends/dates/ and now work related problems which is affecting me most...i have an appointment with a therapist next friday but i am down to the bottom of the barrel to say...if they can't help i don't know how much longer i can live like this...horrible first post i know but i don't know where else to turn...

2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

i can totally relate to what your saying, I'm 27 and I was diagnosed with severe anxiety/social phobias/depression....I get panic attacks when I go out to the grocery store right next to my home...

if your meds dont work, maybe its time for a change? I take celexa, effexor, seroquel and its helped me alot...I was to the point I couldnt enter stores with those detectors at the exit...and I would get into a store and immediately have to go to the bathroom, and then I couldnt re-enter the store...

also talking to your therapist will help alot...my anxiety is so bad I dont go out alot...and if I dont take seroquel I can't sleep at all...

3. sosotired

sosotired Well-Known Member

Have you tried some self help audio books/CD's for social anxiety? You can buy them on most major online book stores. If you haven't I would recommend you give them a try.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You really should see a phsyciatrist and be evaluated.. They will know what meds to try you on..It sounds like you have more than anxiety going on..A therapist is the right thing to do.. Just remember it takes time.. They need to get to know you..Then you have to build a bond between you.,. So don't think it will be a quick fix..I always leave my therapists office with a smile even if I am still feeling like crap..Give it a go and find out what kind of meds you need to be on..

5. price88

price88 New Member

thanks for all the replies...just a list of stuff they've tried...pristique however you spell that, effexor, propranolol and a few sleep meds...this sleep med that i'm using now i forget what it's called helps me to get to sleep but not stay asleep so i'm probably going to have to change that as well....this anxiety is just so overwhelming sometimes...it controls what i do, what i don't do...it hurts my relationship with my girlfriend the most...hopefully between a therapist and my doctor they can figure out what is going on and maybe i will try those audio cd's...the only thing that really makes me feel normal is drinking a lot which is a horrible thing which is what has had the most impact on my relationship with my girlfriend but after about 8 drinks i feel normal and can do things i used to do all the time without feeling any sort of anxiety...i hate doing it... there is a lot of alcoholism in my family and I don't want that to happen to me but nothing seems to be working so far...the klonopin is helping slightly more than xanax but there's gotta be something right for me...living in my own world you might be my new best friend on here i'm sure i'll be pm'ing you all the time...it helps talking to someone with a similar problem...

6. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

So something always triggers these attacks, or can they come out of nowhere?

Mindfulness Meditation may help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.