Severe niccotine addiction

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Hurted, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Im sorry for another smoking thread, but im really worried...

Im only 16 and im heavy smoker (up to 30 ciggarets)

I was thinking about smoking theraphy... It says that 80% of people wont feel the urge to smoking next morning after first theraphy...
    It sound like bullshit to me, considering that i feel the emptyness inside me with ciggarets and try to numb loneliness away...
    Is it true? Did anyone try it? I dont want to trow money away...
    Thanks for any help:)

2. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

All right. I did the research, Hurted. :tongue:

Someday, I'll be getting paid for this type of stuff :loopy: but now--for HERE--it's absolutely free.

Found this:

"Cold Laser Therapy [CLT] has been used in Europe for over 30 years, Canada for over 16 years and now in the United States for over 3 years. The therapy is painless, non-invasive, has no side effects and has an 80% success rate. Cold laser therapy for smoking cessation is currently undergoing clinical trials in the United States so the FDA keeps a close watch on the treatments. There are currently over 125 "quit smoking laser" treatment centers in the United states and many more worldwide. During your laser treatment for smoking, a cold, low level light laser will be pointed at locations on your ears, your face, your hands and your wrists. The laser releases endorphins in your body which will mimic the feeling of smoking and help to get through the withdrawal process without actually feeling the physical withdrawal symptoms."

That's the pitch. Here's the reality.

CLT is based on acupuncture principles (it's important to know acupuncture itself is considered "alternative medicine"), with the NIH calling for more studies based on the scientific method.

So, the short answer for you Hurted: Straight bullshit.

But I mean, hey it's legal. :wink: You can try if you have the money. No harm, right?

The reason I am so hard on it is, if it were "80% effective" -- see, that's a very statistically significant success rate and everyone would have flocked to it 30 years ago.

Hope that helps :smile:
    ToHelp

3. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

VALIS I don't remember you but that post is off-topic, extremely personal, trounces our rules, and belongs in PM. How dare you question my motives for making SF a home on the 'Net or presume to label me conceited. What ever would prompt you to scold me so?

There is no litmus test to be a member of SF.

Is it all right by you if I stay, or must I leave because you are "tired" of the depth of what I have learned?

4. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

I apologize. I just contacted the forum administrator and asked them to take down my post because you are right, I must be having an especially bad day because even if I felt this way, how I went about it was uncalled for. Out of line. You aren't hurting anybody by being here and many people who don't have time to research probably get a lot out of your effort to help.

5. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I like your help:hug:
    Honestly, it was answer i expected:)

Thanks for your help too...
    Yeah sometimes when i have bad day, im rude to everyone too
    :hug:

6. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

:grouphug:

Keep it civil folks :)

7. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

:blink: :eek: Boy now there's some rapid cycling. lol

Sending you a conciliatory PM, Valis. :shake:

Hurted: You are young! And that is a lot of ciggies, so I hope are you able to find some solution there...

Hurted: Remember, stopping now is so important for you, and will remove one ball-and-chain that you definitely don't want for the entire rest of your life.

ToHelp

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2008
  8. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Time to stop hasnt arrived yet:tongue: Im too depressed to stop right now...
    I will think about stoping... I will try to lower daily amounts...:)

9. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

I believe that I'm now smokin on a level par to yours, partly due to circumstances atm-partly because I started at 15. Recently I've become chain-smoker heavy. I even smoked while wearin a patch after surgery discharge(totally forgot the patch was there). With no plans on stoppin either. And if I run out I light the butts from the ashtray. Ever cut the filter in half to make them stronger? That's me...... :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.