Severely in Crisis

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by ace, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace

ace Well-Known Member

I've been severely in Crisis for such a fair while now and the thing is I can't see myself pulling out of it anytime sooner as much as I want to so badly of course.I keep thinking hopefull 2008 will be totally different,but I don't want to get my hopes up.The fact is I really am struggling so badly with my condition's Bipolar major depression,Ocd and Bdd and I really am struggling each day.

My life feel's like it's at a stand still and the thing is it's like evrything bother's me that's right and it's so true.I really am pondering is it worth it for me to keep hanging around with all this shit?:unsure::sad:
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I think that with mental illnesses such as many of us have here, we want things to change immediately. We can never see the progress we make. It is there. The fact that you are still alive shows progress. We have to measure things in little steps. I know we all wish it was immediate, but the reality of it is we move by inches when we really would rather grow by miles. It is worth it for you ace. Please don't give up. You have made it this far, you can make it even farther. Count each and every day as a victory. One to be celebrated. :hug:
  3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I can't tell you if it's worth it for you to keep on "keepin' on", but I can identify with your struggle as I'm going thru it myself. I keep on getting up every morning and going thru every day, even tho there seems to be no reason to do so... I just do it by habit, hoping something will change or get better. Please don't give up. I'm in great despair most of the time but so far I haven't given up. Where there's life, there's hope. Plese hang on.

love, least
  4. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Thankyou so much GL and TLOT,It means alot to hear your responses it's just so hard I think with everything how it's so overwhelming and thinking of just dying because I will be at ease.To be honest I don't want to die,I just want my mind to be at peace that's all.
  5. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

ace, i won't pretend to understand what bipolar,ocd and bdd are or how it makes you feel but i guess these are conditions that goes beyond basic depression and messes with your mind.
    but i reckon that time is the key with adjusting your life or mindset so these things no longer control your life and way of thinking.

don't give in my friend, stay strong and take what support you want from us here whenever you need it

6. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Thanks heaps Andy yeah it is hell I went for a drive with a friend of mine to the coast yesterday and i knew it was going to be hell and it was.I went through a mixture of emotions because of my mood swings and my Bdd and Ocd,I struggled alot with my Bdd because seeing so many beautiful girls made me feel intimidated and ugly I know it sounds stupid but that's what Bdd does to you.

I felt like sought of wanting to go home it was so tough,my mood's would swing for no reason which really pissed me off then my Ocd does this stupid overanalyzing and repetitive thinking.It's just a pain in the arse,late last night I broke down badly and it was all too much to take yep I know it was the bdd that caused alot of the distress.I'm just pondering should I really continue with this daily this as it pisses me off so badly.You wouldn't believe but everything seems to bother me,seeing people dressed in nice clothes you name it.:mad::sad:
  7. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

well ace, it was good that you put yourself freely in a situation that you knew would be very hard on you, but you done it anyway which tells me you are very strong and you want to beat this.
    you could have just stayed at home but you didnt, well done.

you have a courage to face these problems head on that some of us wish we had.

take it slowly and i really hope in time life will get easier for you.
    i for one know you can do it, don't give up my friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.