Sex Addiction

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by aloner, Feb 10, 2008.

1. aloner

aloner Active Member

I think I have a problem with sex. I become obsessed with it, especially when stressed. It has put strain on my past relationships and there was a period where I was single and had a quite a few one night stands which I regret. I've done so many risky things. At the time I would have said that I couldn't help it. It was like a compulsion.

I even got VD from it once, from my last boyfriend. Thankfully I treated it and I've been symptom free for about a month now. The doctor said it wasn't likely to come back.

So I guess I'm ready to have sex again! I haven't been with anyone on the regular in 9 months. The last time was just one night with my ex in September or October. This has been my longest stretch ever since I was 15 and started having it all the time. I have been so lonley. I hate sleeping alone.

It has been one of the main factors in my depression to be sure. Dated a few people since the ex but couldn't get close to them because of my uh...condition. It took a lot of willpower to tell people about it and not just have sex with someone without saying anything. I totally could have but I was honest instead. I got turned down a couple times and gave up on the whole dating thing for a while. I guess it has been good because it made me realize how many people I've actually liked and how many I liked just for the sex.

Sex was ruining my life! Don't get me wrong. I still think sex is probably the greatest thing ever. I'm just afraid that it might start being my top priority again. The lust I feel is overwhelming...but I know deep down that meaning lie elsewhere. I don't want to be like I was. What can I do to control myself?

2. neverdie

neverdie Guest

Good question, personally, it's been 8 years since my last encounter. I've just gotten used to not having it. When I was younger, it too was all I could think of, nothing else mattered. But as time went on, my partners were farther and farther apart, then I go married. Then the sex stopped altogether, well more or less. :rolleyes:

Sex isn't everything, try going for love instead and romance, sex is just sex, but love is forever.

3. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Masturbate. A lot.

Of course it isn't even close to sex, but it is release all the same.

4. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I have overwhelming lust, as well... I'm completely obsessed with sex. My main interests are sex, hentai and adult bishôjo games. I never have had sex, or done anything sexual, at all, though... never had a girlfriend (guy, myself), due to having too many restrictions on how she should be. She has to be perfect for me, so we, in perfection, can have sex all the time. All that matters to me is sex... it's the only thing I want to do... unless what else I do has to do with sex, as well.

I think the advice Lead Savior gives is the best, as well... however, I think it is important that you simulate sexual acts, the best you can. That helps for me, anyway... if I just "do it," it merely leaves me with an overwhelming feeling of failure, afterwards.

If you like ecchi/hentai, I guess adult bishôjo games may be of some help, as well...

5. gettinhigh

gettinhigh Member

When i broke up with my ex last year i slept with more people in a month than in my whole life probably lol. Well at the time, i felt like shit i didnt care about myself or what i did, i just wanted sex. Any random sex with a random stragers didnt care who. It was a thrill and i refused to give my number away or ever see them again, it was just exciting, something to if you get me lol. Well then i caught an STI an after my moment of madness i had to rethink what WAS i doing! I know what you mean about the lust, well to me i think it was just thrills and excitement of the danger. I know i could easily do it again and go out and do something like that for thrills but i have a boyfriend, believe it or not he was a one night stand in my eyes but he wouldnt leave me alone lol. :biggrin:

6. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Maybe work out what 'sex' means for you. Reading your post it sounds maybe a lot like OCD/anxiety related to stress? Or maybe you're wanting a connection with someone and feel lost without that and constantly need that? Maybe you're trying to escape another part of your life? When it comes to things being compulsive or taking over your life and you feeling like you feel out of control with something it's usually a sign of other things going on...

I know when I'm quite manic/high I'm very uninhibited but it isn't compulsive, I'm just slobbering all over people..

7. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

i totally know how u feel...im a sex addict my self!! this is no joke either. sex kind of rules my life and most the time it is all i can think about!

the longest i have without sex is about a month or so and i was almost chewing my arm off...

some times i enjoy the feelings but other times, i wish they would go away and leave me to just live a normal life...its strange!

people think im some kind of whore because i "sleep around" in a way i see there point but if i dont have some kind of sexual affection i kind of go nuts..i cant cope with it at times!!!! its hard

soo then what now....i cant go on because i'm begining to think about sex and i don't fancy talkin about it on here lol x

its not every day u hear a 17 years old girl confessing to be sex addict that suffers from depression..i suppose im just mixed up! x x

take care x

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I've watched documentaries on sex addiction and understand how frustrating it must be. I'm still a virgin myself, but I do like having orgasms. Maybe having a monogamous sexual partner might be a better idea than having many partners to reduce the risk of getting an STD? Sex addiction is also another compulsive behaviour. There must be underlying reasons that is driving this compulsion.

9. Sq~

Sq~ New Member

It's not totaly related with sex addiction, but in some way, I was suffering that...

Me and my ex were really close, so, much time of our lives were ended in sex. The problem was when we cut out. I'm not the type of guy who go out every weekend to fuck up girls. It was hard to live without that, the sex is gone and sometimes I wish back those days. The firsts days masturbation was an option, but later it was freaking, the masturbation never liked me, NEVER. This made my situacion more difficult. Now I'm good, It's only a mental game, and I won, for now... D:

10. aloner

aloner Active Member

This is really making me want to kill myself. It can only end badly.

11. aloner

aloner Active Member

Fuck it. I want to have sex again. I NEED to have sex again.

12. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Just be careful...

13. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

I suffer from it as well but in my case its mainly because of the fact that I was sexually abused in childhood and got exposed to "wrong" things pretty early in life. Also my loneliness and depression contributes to it. I think its worse in some repressive cultures where extreme abstinence leads to depravity.

14. whybeherenow

whybeherenow Active Member

http://www.reuniting.info/wisdom

Really interesting site on the brain chemistry of sex.

Apparently it is a chemical addiction for some people.

Site also explains why sex leads to dis-satisfaction, with sex itself, and with whoever you are having sex with.

Highly recommend it.

15. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Sex addiction is a big problem for me. It was my escape. From feeling sad or dealing with things in my life. It got really bad.