• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

sex drive and depression

How does depression affec your sex dive?

• I want little to no sex

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • I want more sex

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I am indifferent, it doesnt bother my sex drive.

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My partner has his moments when he is really down, when im low it doesnt effect my sex drive or my desire for sex but I think it does his. Does anyone else have this problem?

See from my point of view i'm trying to be understanding but when he never wants to bother with me it really makes me feel like shit. Everyone wants to feel desired and loved dont they??

I just feel like i must be me, maybe i disgust him.

takencontrol

i have a similiar problem but its me that cannot 'perform'. i want sex but i just cannot get into the mood at all. they tell me its the meds im on, but shit yeah we do have needs.

He isnt on any meds and wont see a doc. i just want some fun been considering,, alternatives i dunno,, i dont want to but i want to feel like that bit of me is still alive

Lifes so god damn complicated. Sex used to be fun now its like chasing a ghost. Dont get me wrong when we do its fun but its always me instigating it. I get fed up being the only one. want someone to want to touch me for a change

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
My meds left me with little to none sex drive..I've been on meds for over twenty years so you can imagine my frustration..I don't even get the urge anymore..

Aaron

It doesn't affect my sex drive at all....regardless of my moods or my meds though sometimes I find it difficult to get or maintain an erection.....the mind is willing but the flesh is weak.

might be out of context but do you think anger is a major symptom too? i dont get angry i tend to find a place and just cry,, or go for a drive and then cry. He's just always mad and pissed off

Mr Stewart

Dramatic decrease in desire, frequency, arousal, and even sensation. When it's bad nothing feels 'good'. No sex, not food, not anything.

I'm not on any medication by the way. I wish I could offer some advice about how to help him, but I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:

ace

I've lost my sex drive due to depression,I have either little or none completely all the time.It's so annoying I hate it,it's gotten me in a bad spot so many times down the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$600.00
Goal
$255.00