sex drive and depression

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by poisonedresistance, May 18, 2011.

?

How does depression affec your sex dive?

Poll closed Dec 4, 2011.
  1. I want little to no sex

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. I want more sex

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I am indifferent, it doesnt bother my sex drive.

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

My partner has his moments when he is really down, when im low it doesnt effect my sex drive or my desire for sex but I think it does his. Does anyone else have this problem?

See from my point of view i'm trying to be understanding but when he never wants to bother with me it really makes me feel like shit. Everyone wants to feel desired and loved dont they??

I just feel like i must be me, maybe i disgust him.

2. takencontrol

takencontrol Well-Known Member

i have a similiar problem but its me that cannot 'perform'. i want sex but i just cannot get into the mood at all. they tell me its the meds im on, but shit yeah we do have needs.

3. poisonedresistance

He isnt on any meds and wont see a doc. i just want some fun been considering,, alternatives i dunno,, i dont want to but i want to feel like that bit of me is still alive

4. takencontrol

yeah i know the feeling.

5. poisonedresistance

i know its wrong to want to explore other options i do,,, but at the moment i cant help the desire

6. takencontrol

yeah i know that feeling very well.

7. poisonedresistance

Lifes so god damn complicated. Sex used to be fun now its like chasing a ghost. Dont get me wrong when we do its fun but its always me instigating it. I get fed up being the only one. want someone to want to touch me for a change

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

My meds left me with little to none sex drive..I've been on meds for over twenty years so you can imagine my frustration..I don't even get the urge anymore..

9. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

It doesn't affect my sex drive at all.

10. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

It doesn't affect my sex drive at all....regardless of my moods or my meds though sometimes I find it difficult to get or maintain an erection.....the mind is willing but the flesh is weak.

11. poisonedresistance

might be out of context but do you think anger is a major symptom too? i dont get angry i tend to find a place and just cry,, or go for a drive and then cry. He's just always mad and pissed off

12. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

This might sound weird but anger has always been an aphrodisiac to me.

13. poisonedresistance

No its not weird, i must admit im definitely the same,,, seems like some folk though get turned off by everything!! im that frustrated im the opposite lol

14. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I'm highly sexed though. :)

15. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I don't really want sex. but i have trust problems with everyone and i'd rather not be around people.

16. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Dramatic decrease in desire, frequency, arousal, and even sensation. When it's bad nothing feels 'good'. No sex, not food, not anything.

I'm not on any medication by the way. I wish I could offer some advice about how to help him, but I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
  17. ace

ace Well-Known Member

I've lost my sex drive due to depression,I have either little or none completely all the time.It's so annoying I hate it,it's gotten me in a bad spot so many times down the years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.