SEX! - Okay, now that I've got your attention...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by worlds edge, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Sex: the expense is damnable, the position is ridiculous, and the pleasure fleeting.
    -- Samuel Johnson

:mad: :mad:

All of a sudden my non-existent libido has returned, and seems to be trying to make up for lost time. Could I speak to it, I would say: Go away, and stay away. I was happier with you gone.

But as it is I feel about ready to start humping people's legs, like some sort of demented, attention-starved beagle. That is, if beagles were ever a grotesquely overweight 230 lbs.

What in the hell is going on here? Is this some sort of weird case of meds reaching a therapeutic level? And the strangest thing is, this has all come about in the past hour or so. I had no sense this was going to happen.

Another thought I've had: I've wondered off and on for a while if I wasn't really marginally bipolar, not just a unipolar depressive. Not that this sort of thing happens all that often, certainly nowhere as often as I feel depressed, but I seem to have weird "spikes" like this once in a rare while. In fact I can't remember the last time anything like this has come on. At least four or five years.

Anyway, hopefully it will pass by tomorrow. It's rather irritating. I do NOT like it.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Well, it's been over a week and I wondered how you were doing with this. Not quite sure how to respond. :blink:

3. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Generally speaking, anti-d's are known to kill sex drive in men, and I imagine its the same for woman. My experience was weird, at first it actually increased my "hornyness" as it were, was like being a teenager all over again, but after a couple months the reverse was true....id go a good 3 days or so without feeling any real urges to do anything, which for me is no real problem since im single, and will always be single, but for a married guy, someone in a long term relationship...or someone that really wants sex, thats a pain in the ass.

Anywayz im off the meds now, have been for well over a month. My sex drive? back to normal I guess, that is I feel horny most days.

Hey dont knock it, if you can find someone to have that physical relationship with, go for it.

4. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

And depression can do it too - however it comes back as you get better.

5. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Don't know what to tell you, I've no experience like yours, only find it odd that tho I'm lonely a lot, and miss the sensation of someone loving me, I don't want anyone that close to me - physically or emotionally. Strange creature, homo sapiens: too analytical, not enough "here".

damned if I know....:blink:

6. thepaper

thepaper Member

I think sex is great!
    Thats why I want to become a sex therapist! =D

7. I, too, often find the urges unbearable. Everywhere I go, desirable women throw themselves at me. I control myself from temptation by imagining they're fans of Thomas Huxley. Disgust purges my libido with the force of El Nino.

8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Uuuugh. The largest effect I've found with anti-depressants and depression is the sex drive! Up and down and all over the place and too horny to stand it and triggered by thoughts of sex... It's enough to drive someone mad!

Work on your shoulder muscle endurance. It'll help.

9. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

your not the only one that thinks sex is great lol

thing is i like it and need it so often, i've been diagnoised a sex addict, do ya think you can help? lol

10. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I've been meaning to ask you about how the sex addiction has been going? :biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.