Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by GabrielConroy, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

2. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

3. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

seriously, no one should hit anyone. It doesn't matter if it's a woman hitting a guy or a guy hitting a woman
  4. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I agree, yet 95% of the time it's women who're beaten up...
  5. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

but 99% of the time, women abusers get off scott free
  6. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

It's actually a lot less than 95% of the time. I think reported stastistics is about.. 82% not entirely certain on that though. Then, you can bet your ass there're gonna be more men that are afraid to come forward out of sheer embarrassment if nothing else, so you're probably looking at a 60 40 split which isn't much difference at all, yet, as it was just said, most women get off free even when the case IS reported.
  7. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Actually, if you look at statistics, it's male victims who are in the majority when it comes to serious assaults and murder. Although if we're talking domestic violence only, there's a lot of new discoveries about the extent of female violence in partnerships. So I think 95% is far too high an estimate.
  8. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

I understand comparison when both genres are like a slap-level. There is no anything what to comparison if man kicks kidney or thooths out when woman slap but do not to do the physical damages. I understand comparison when they count mental and physical violence at the same level.

mean word- mean word
    evil word- evil word
    thread- thread
    slap- slap (at the same power)
    kick- kick (at the same power)
    and so on.

slap- kick
    word- slap or so on.

Also I want to remind that society encourage women to slap men. Because women's no does not mean no, if for woman has caused sexual abusing and raping by man and woman have not slap man at the first place THAT IS WOMAN'S FAULT because she 'did not said no'.

Mental and physical violence is always wrong, from both genres.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2009
  9. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Oh, this is an old video, I've seen it circling around for some time. This was actually staged, but nevermind that for a minute.

My stance towards this issue is always the same: if a person hits you, you have every right to defend yourself, be it a woman or a man. If you're a man and get attacked, are you supposed to just open your arms and welcome the next punch?

Men are generally stronger than women, having an improved muscular structure, thus just like it's wrong to pick on the little kids who are half your age, it's wrong to attack women who have less chances of holding their own against a male opponent. That said, if a woman attacks a man with full knowledge of what she's doing, she's basically telling that she can hold her own against a man, thus the rules of respect for the "weaker" do not apply.

Once I was attacked by a women in a totally unprovoken fashion. She just didn't like me and expected what that woman "expected" (as I said, this was staged), that if I struck back everyone would come for her rescue. Tough luck for her, because I didn't struck back, I came one inch from her face, looked her straight in the eyes and challenged her to try again, when she did try I grabbed her wirst and made her loose her balance. When she was on the floor I just walked away. A lot of people were staring, but no one came to her rescue.

I was smart, if I had struck back, people would come to her aid, and tough I know my kick boxing and muay thai, I can only do so much when alone. That way it was all defensive actions and no one had anything on me. But if she had got up and went for another swing, I wouldn't have any problem in defending myself, after all, she was the one who picked the fight, it's her fault she picked more than she could chew.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2009
  10. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

You have a right to defend yourself if someones physcially assaults you no matter what the attackers sex, race, religious affiliation, or sexual orientation.

To say a man should not hit a woman due to physical superiority is misinformed in my eyes. The amount of force you use to defend yourself should be in relation to the amount of force used against you. If a 120 pound male hits me in the face I will hit him back. If he backs off then the situation is over. Now if I stand over him and stomp on his face until he is in a coma then that is absurd.

If a 120 pound woman punches me in the face I will hit her back in the same way. I will stop there(and then probably give her my number). I would not proceed any further and that will be that.
  11. Fdt

Fdt Well-Known Member

I agree largely with what Mikeintx said. Whether someone should retaliate to being hit is solely dependant on each individual situation, and gender should play no role in it whatsoever. Women (as a generalisation) can't keep trying to pursue the cause of having equal rights to men, and still act like they're impervious to being hit by a man regardless of the circumstances.

Admittedly, in the majority of cases, hitting a woman isn't necessary, but where women think they can take the piss (ie deliberately humiliating a man in public for no reason) and not get the same treatment a man would get is stupid.

For example the only time I hit a girl was when I was 13 and was a sports captain at my school and was picking an athletics team. A girl who was both taller and stronger than me thought she could start shoving me around a few minutes later because she wasn't happy with the decisions I'd made. After a lot of verbal abuse and me telling her to piss off she smacked me in the face with her fist, after proceeding to taunt me with "you can't hit me, I'm a girl, what you gunna do about it?" and other gob shite she was coming out with, I launched a discus into her face, breaking her nose and caving in her left cheek bone.

While it may have been a slight overreaction in itself, I still think that I made the right choice by basing my decision to smash her face in on the fact she was bigger than me and the one being provocative, rather than whether she had a cock between her legs.

(Just to clarify, I'm not of a violent nature, I've never started a fight in my life and never tried to provoke one, I just despise people who do)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.